If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By greencarrot
Hi

I'm a (very) small business owner and I'm looking at setting up a telephone answering service for other small businesses.

I want to be able to answer calls in clients company names so the number presentation bit looks good. There will probably be 4 or 5 clients to start with and I'll need 2 phones, both of which need to do everything and be able to see who is being called. I'm planning to grow this to 20-25 over the next year...

I'm assuming I need a number for each client but what else, if anything? How much will the total cost (excluding the physical phones) be?

Hope you can help...
I'm off to see a telecoms person tomorrow and I REALLY don't want to get talked into a BT solution because I don't know what else there is...

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By GoofyCyborg
You just need an account with someone like Voipfone (free) and a telephone number for each client (normally the best is an ordinary geographic one for which costs around £2 per month.)

You then take an extension off their PBX for each number - £1 per month - so you get the Line Presentation feature and can see the number called instead of the number calling on your phone and can answer properly.

That's all you need apart from a telephone which can cost nothing (if you use the free softphone - this works ok but it's not a real business solution.) or around £150 for a top of the range model.

I make that £3 per month, per client.

You get full call records per extension ie per client, which you can view on line in real time or dump as a csv file into an Excel spreadsheet for on-billing.

Hello Paul, Thank you for your response. Much app…

If you're experiencing issues making outgoing call…

Just leave all the files in the TFTP directory and…

VoIP on the move via wifi

Great! I have been looking for a similar solution.…