If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By WelshPaul
Who else is looking forward to the release of OBihai's very first IP phone? The OBi1000 Series...
obihai-ip-phone-obi1062.jpg
Obi1062 IP Phone
Click here to check out a demo of the phones web based GUI!

High-Definition ‘HD’ Voice for Crystal-Clear Calls
OBi 1000 Series IP phones are designed from the outset to support High Definition (HD) voice calling. From the device’s physical acoustics through to the digital conversion of audio, Obihai’s engineers have fine-tuned every element to ensure a crystal clear calling experience.

OBi Phones and OBiTALK Cloud Management
OBi 1000 Series IP phones are managed remotely via the OBiTALK cloud-management portal using any mainstream browser, enabling fast and easy deployment and maintenance. The always-on remote management and diagnostic capabilities enable IT and support staff to manage and troubleshoot devices regardless of location and even deploy new devices without the requirement for a site visit. Additionally, OBiTALK can help keep device firmware up-to-date with new features as they are released, further enhancing the user’s experience and the enterprise’s investment.

Functionality That’s Easy to Use
Commonly used call functions such as putting a caller on hold, transferring, picking-up or conferencing calls are intuitive to use and set-up. Other calling and user features are easily programmed into either the line keys next to the display – in total, there are up to 24* – or the eight (8) programmable keys within easy reach on the right side of the phone body. This allows for a customizable user experience based on the intended use of the device. The OBi 1000 Series IP phones are adaptable to the user and their job role, though creating a more efficient call management platform for the business and conveying a more professional image to its customers.

Features of the OBi1000 Series Business IP Phones:
  • Large Vivid Color Display – User Configured Themes and Multi-Dimensional Navigation with Top-Anchored Time and Date
  • Remotely Customizable via XML Download – User Interface Labelling, Key/Button Functionality, Applications
  • Up to 24 Call Appearances* – Programmable Across Six (6) VoIP Services (SIP and Google Voice) + OBiTALK
  • Universal Interoperability with SIP and VoLTE Call Control Platforms
  • Secure Remote Provisioning and Management Versatility via SP’s In-House System and/or OBiTALK Cloud-Management
  • Zero-Touch Customization and Service Activation APIs to Minimize Deployment Costs / Complexity
  • High Definition Speech Technology for Crystal-Clear Conversations - VoIP Codecs Supported: G.722, G.711, G.726, G.729, iLBC, OPUS∞
  • Full-Duplex Speakerphone with Built-In Class D Amplifier and Audio Equalizer
  • Headset Support via RJ9, 3.5mm Jacks (EHS Support) or Bluetooth
  • Dual Ethernet with Power over Ethernet (PoE): Gigabit Ethernet (OBi1062) or Fast Ethernet (OBi1032)
  • Integrated WiFi Connectivity – Built-in or Via OBiWiFi USB Adapter
  • 16-Key Side Car Option – Up to Two Side Cars per Phone
  • Built-In Five Party Conference Bridge
  • Personal Contact Phone Book with Import/Export/Sync Functions, Call History, Picture Caller ID
  • Obihai Call Routing and Bridging Technology
  • Global Deployment: Language Localization and Country-Specific Dialing, Ringing, In-Call Tones
image.jpg
OBi1000 Series IP Phones
image.jpg
OBi1000 Series Display
image.jpg (56.48 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
BshN6NICIAENwq-.jpg
Obi1032 IP Phone
Check out the full PDF data sheet by clicking here.

Price to be announced!
By GoofyCyborg
Hey happy birthday paul! :clap:

I like the look of that phone for sure. Not sure why but darn I think a blue back screen looks awesome on any device! :mrgreen:

I've not been keeping up with the latest and greatest when it comes to voip as of late due to family commitments, looks like I got some catching up to do. :D
By WelshPaul
GoofyCyborg wrote:Hey happy birthday paul! :clap:
Thanks buddy! 8-)
GoofyCyborg wrote:I like the look of that phone for sure. Not sure why but darn I think a blue back screen looks awesome on any device! :mrgreen:
Guess who might be lucky enough to beta test one! ;) :shh:
GoofyCyborg wrote:I've not been keeping up with the latest and greatest when it comes to voip as of late due to family commitments, looks like I got some catching up to do. :D
It's been pretty quiet tbh, I've got some equipment here if you want something to play with? You ever get that obi202? I can send you one! Great bit of kit. :thumbup:
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
Thanks for the link to the web based GUI - there are some exciting new settings there. The group of settings that first caught my eye are:

EnableCustomOBiPhoneXml
EnableOBiPhoneXmlDownloadURL
OBiPhoneXmlDownloadURL
LastXmlDownloadURL
LastXmlDownloadMD5

Am I correct in thinking that for a VoIP Service Provider like me, these allow the phone to pickup a group of custom settings from any web server?

There is no mention of a periodic timer to check for an XmlDownloadURL, so am I right in thinking the phone just checks on power up?

If I encrypt an XML file with OpenSSL, can it be unencrypted with the key in LastXmlDownloadMD5?
By GoofyCyborg
Hello Steve and welcome to the forums.

I have very little experience with encrypted configuration files myself, I am just a home VoIP user so never needed to use it. WelshPaul uses or used this method though with his Cisco range of phones once upon a time so he would know more about it.

I remember Paul having trouble pushing config files over SSL from his own server though with Cisco stuff! Think Cisco had to sign a certificate or something along those lines and they would only do so under certain conditions. He didn't meet those so had to send encrypted files over HTTP!
By WelshPaul
I have just spent the last two hours reading, re-reading, and re-reading http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiProvisioningGuide.pdf?v=2

As OBihai up to date only sold ATA's I didn't bother to attempt auto provisioning on their devices let alone encrypted as I'm not a reseller or VoIP provider so would never really need the know how. That being said I dusted off my OBi202 test device kindly donated by ObihaiMark and I have got it worked out! (I think)

I successfully created and installed via my HTTP server both XML and encrypted CFG config files using AES and RC4 SSL encryption... I even successfully created an obcrypt encrypted CFG and installed that. Although:
It should be advised that the OBi device default encryption is NOT as secure as the AES/RC4 method with a shared
secret key. It is nevertheless a good method for one-time provisioning of the device with a shared key to prepare it
for subsequent standard AES/RC4 encryption. However, the more secure way is to set the secret key on the device
by provisioning the device once with HTTPS initially. It is recommended that the secret key is stored in one of the
SPRMx parameters and reference to it in the ConfigURL with the corresponding $SPRMx macro.
I can't use HTTPS as just like CISCO I need to Requesting an SSL Certificate from Obihai Technology.

I have not actually had any hands on experience with the OBi1032 / OBi1062 IP Phones, other than reading the data sheet watching ObihaiMark present it on a live video conference and of course the demo web based GUI demo.
SteveAtVoIP2Go wrote:The group of settings that first caught my eye are:

EnableCustomOBiPhoneXml
EnableOBiPhoneXmlDownloadURL
OBiPhoneXmlDownloadURL
LastXmlDownloadURL
LastXmlDownloadMD5
Interesting... I had not noticed these until you pointed them out! :lol:
SteveAtVoIP2Go wrote:Am I correct in thinking that for a VoIP Service Provider like me, these allow the phone to pickup a group of custom settings from any web server?
That's my thinking! But then again isn't that what's "ITSP Provisioning" is for under Auto Provisioning? I need to read up on these!
SteveAtVoIP2Go wrote:There is no mention of a periodic timer to check for an XmlDownloadURL, so am I right in thinking the phone just checks on power up?
Simply put, I'm not sure. There was no mention of these in the OBi Device Provisioning Guide I read above.
SteveAtVoIP2Go wrote:If I encrypt an XML file with OpenSSL, can it be unencrypted with the key in LastXmlDownloadMD5?
Does this check an MD5 check sum or decrypt? All very good questions sadly I don't know the answers to yet! :D
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
There are now so many ways to configure Obi's - they have obviously put a lot of effort into this. ITSP Provisioning is available but it's probably not worth it for a small business like mine. It's cool to have OBiTALK as an option, but some Customers prefer not to use it. This is where I hope the new settings come into play. If I have a Customer that wants me to handle the configuration of his Obi IP Phone, I can simply upload an XML config file to my web server, provide the Customer with the OBiPhoneXmlDownloadURL and I should get full control over his phone.

There are many people (family, friends, Customers) who have zero interest in configuring their equipment, they just want to pickup the handset to make and receive calls. Hopefully, the new Obi IP Phones will allow me to do this for my Customers. I'm sure Mark will be along soon to explain the new settings.
By WelshPaul
SteveAtVoIP2Go wrote:I can simply upload an XML config file to my web server, provide the Customer with the OBiPhoneXmlDownloadURL and I should get full control over his phone.
Interesting! This would be ideal not only for smaller business but also larger one's who do not supply the devices direct but where customers use them with their service. I guess though it comes down to how well it's implemented and how easy to do though!
By WelshPaul
While we are on the topic of provisioning... I have been playing around with an OBi202 the last couple of days and trying various provisioning requests. (Encrypted and unencrypted) Just like the Cisco stuff though I can't get the devices to grab any configuration files over https! :?

It says in the CSR how to:-
OBi devices support https server communication with certificates from popular SSL providers (VeriSign, GoDaddy,...).

A signed certificate from Obihai Technology is useful if you don't already have an SSL certificate in your webserver and you require secure provisioning of OBi devices.
I have a valid SSL cert (Trustwave) setup via my hosting company yet the OBi wont provision over it, if I change https to http in the config URL under ITSP Provisioning it grabs the provisioning file immediately.
By WelshPaul
Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? can you take a pic of the rear (with stand) and upload it so we can see... :thumbup:
By WelshPaul
Got one! :thumbup:
image.jpg
OBi1062 rear view
There are two slot adjustment levels on the rear and there will also be a wall mount kit.

That being said... Will OBihai be able to provide replacements? Seen many posts over on the Cisco forums over the years about a £200 plus phone rendered useless because of a missing or broken stand.
Hadn’t thought about replacement stands but this is something we could sort out I’m sure!
By WelshPaul
So OBIHAI have released the OBi1032 over on amazon.com for $199.99 US dollars... That's roughly £120.23p and is it worth it? I don't know! Time will tell though. :)

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/OBi1032-Phone-Pow ... ds=Obi1032

It's not available on amazon.co.uk... Yet! :(

Here is the official mail shot OBIHAI sent me via email: http://sendgrid.com/wf/webmail?rp=ZTI1b ... 1qZ3dNek45
Special Offer: To celebrate the arrival of the OBi1032, the first 100 customers who purchase an OBi1032 from Amazon.com, will receive a free OBiWiFi USB adapter. We will notify you by email at the time of shipping if you are one of the first 100 lucky OBi1032 customers.
By GoofyCyborg
After using an obi202 for the past couple of weeks I'm now considering purchasing one of these but I want the obi1062 model which as of today isn't available to purchase. In the meantime I have two questions:

1. Can I buy one from amazon.com and get it delivered to me here in the UK? Do I pay import tax and all the other charges associated with importing goods from outside the UK?

2. On a Snom phone I can block Withheld and Anonymous calls. Can this be done with either of the obihai IP phones?
By WelshPaul
GoofyCyborg wrote:After using an obi202 for the past couple of weeks I'm now considering purchasing one of these but I want the obi1062 model which as of today isn't available to purchase.
Wow your keen :lol: Glad you liked the 202 I sent you! :thumbup:
GoofyCyborg wrote:1. Can I buy one from amazon.com and get it delivered to me here in the UK? Do I pay import tax and all the other charges associated with importing goods from outside the UK?
Not too sure, I think you will get charged tax see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... eId=502492 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... =200556780
GoofyCyborg wrote:2. On a Snom phone I can block Withheld and Anonymous calls. Can this be done with either of the obihai IP phones?
I have no idea. Not used an OBihai IP phone to date but hopefully that will change soon. :think:

Not sure why the OBi1032 has been released in the US but not in the UK. I guess they don't have the stock levels yet to fulfil a global release.