If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By WelshPaul
I'm a little confused... :?

So I decided to to setup a basic Voip2Go.co.uk account pretty much just to play around with, check it out, test etc... However I have a few questions. - I refer to this: http://voip2go.co.uk/pay-as-you-go.html

The initial £5, is that calling credit or a fee to setup the account? It appears I am unable to make any calls as I get a Call Failed 990 error when attempting to dial out. I'm assuming this is down to the fact I have no call credit?

Under My Balance I have:
My balance
Amount due $-0
How do you change passwords? How do you purchase UK geographical numbers? Do any of your plans include a telephone number?

The email sent to me states Proxy Server: voipinterface.co.uk

However here: http://www.voip2go.net/setup.html it tells you to use the domain name? Under http://www.voip2go.co.uk/setup.html it does not give any setup information at all?

Why is the currency under my balance in $ and not £? Would it not be easier just to have everything under the one domain?
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
Hi Paul,

Before I answer your questions, I just need to be up front with you and point out that I am only just getting started in the UK and there will be teething problems for a while with BYOD. My platform is currently geared towards the Americans but I'm steadily updating it to cater for Customers in the UK and Australia.

My voip2go.co.uk web site was quickly put together a few months back so that it could slowly climb up the search engine rankings. It's something you have to do these days if your business relies totally on attracting new Customers online. It needs updating, the difference between my Basic and Premium plans needs to be made clearer and I need to remove 'verbiage' that was put there for search engines and not humans.
WelshPaul wrote:The initial £5, is that calling credit or a fee to setup the account? It appears I am unable to make any calls as I get a Call Failed 990 error when attempting to dial out. I'm assuming this is down to the fact I have no call credit?
It's down to the fact that yours truly did not credit your account like he should have done when setting up your account :oops: . I allocate the initial credit manually, however, all future top-up's are automated. I have corrected my mistake and you should now be able to make calls (more on this later).
WelshPaul wrote:How do you change passwords? How do you purchase UK geographical numbers? Do any of your plans include a telephone number?
Password changes are done manually at present.

I am focusing on the outgoing service at the moment, but I can certainly set you up with incoming phone numbers. Again, it will be a manual process until I see how the UK market pans out.

I don't bundle plans with a phone number at this stage. This will change if there is a demand.
WelshPaul wrote:Why is the currency under my balance in $ and not £?
I am currently using a reseller platform provided by one of my partners in Canada and although I have been able to customise parts of it for the UK market, there are some things I cannot change. I know it's confusing, but it's not my intention to use it long term. It's just a temporary solution. I have my own platform under development and I hope to have everything in place by first quarter 2015.
WelshPaul wrote: Would it not be easier just to have everything under the one domain?
Yes it would, but unfortunately it would also be easier for an attacker to take down my service. I have a background in alarm systems and the majority of my Customers use my network for monitoring security, fire and medical alarm systems. They cannot afford even a minute of down time and as such, I have designed my network in such a way that I am better equipped to handle server outages and fight DDoS attacks.

The situation at the moment is that I am working closely with Mark from Obihai so that I will be able to offer a service to UK consumers where I manage their Obihai equipment for them. I also want to offer BYOD service, but there will be a bit of messing around in the early stages until I get my act together.

Rest assured that I am working on this every day and slowly making progress. It is something that will evolve over months and years as I customise the platform for my Customers. It's not something that will be complete in the next few weeks.
By WelshPaul
Thanks for letting me know Steve. I couldn't find any info after searching your site or google so thought I'd post my questions here as they may help others who encounter the same problem or questions.

OK thanks, what VPN are you using ??

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…