If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By t2t_
We are a small company been going for a while now and we have customers abroad. We are currently looking for a provider which offer international numbers in countries like spain. I'm a beginner in this area so i don't really have much of an idea but we need one by the end of this week. Whats the best way to go about this?
By GoofyCyborg
Voipfone.co.uk offer the following international numbers:
voipfone_international_numbers.png
Voipfone International Numbers
Sadly none for Spain though. VoipTalk.org also offer international numbers including Spain:
VoipTalk_international_numbers.png
VoipTalk International Numbers
Gradwell.com are another VoIP provider who offer international phone numbers:
gradwell_international_numbers.png
Gradwell International Numbers
There is a company called Telitec who offer Spanish numbers but I have no idea if their any good! http://www.telitec.com/telephone/voip/
By c0d3r
I have heard of mobile users in the states being charged for both inbound and outbound calls but landlines? Never knew that!

Why on earth should anyone pay to receive a call? The person who initiates the call should pay not the receiver in my opinion. I would be mighty *Bleep* if I had to pay to receive nuisance calls, telemarketing calls and such like.

Are the calls cheaper then? An example:

Here in the UK we call a mobile and the cost would be around 35p from a mobile to mobile when outside your free allowance. If they were to charge for inbound and outbound that would mean I pay 35p to make the call per minute and the person I call also has to pay 35p per minute = 70p per minute!

If they reduce the price to 17.5p per minute I can understand but that still leaves you open to abuse such as paying out on unwanted calls and here in the UK you can easily get 20+ calls a month.
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
c0d3r wrote: Are the calls cheaper then?
Yes. There is no difference in call costs between mobile and landlines in some countries - the US included. A mobile to mobile call in the US will typically cost less than one pence per minute. It will usually cost the person receiving the call less than one pence - if not included in their free minutes.

It sounds crazy to have to pay for incoming calls, but it can sometimes work in your favour. The downside is telemarketer calls and that's why Americans hate them so much.
By WelshPaul
1p per minute - Now that's better than 35p per minute! Saying that though here in the UK we get free minutes included in our mobile plans as you're already probably aware.

For around £20 a month sim free you can get unlimited minutes, texts and internet. Myself, well I have not been charged for a mobile call in years!