If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By kaiuk
It is useful to see what traffic is going through the network, but i find it difficult to use and you have to get lucky with the packets as most of the time it is just unreadable garbage.

I used it once to sniff out some torrents on the network and managed to get some headers. If i spent some time studying wireshark i'm sure i could do a lot more with it, but it's just something i use when needed for a task.
By KenBrace
JoshSmith100 wrote:I use Wireshark. I primarily use it for seeing where the traffic is going. Ive had a pleasant experience with Wireshark and would recommend it.
How long did it take before you learned how to use it efficiently and apply it to a practical business environment?

I was able to learn the basics pretty quick but I still found the program slightly difficult to navigate and understand.
By KenBrace
jonjonscove wrote:I've never heard of wireshark before, but I would definitely like to learn how I could apply it.

And make good use of this information for my business.
Wireshark allows you to view the activity inside a network.

It allows you to see the individual packets traveling in and out of the network. It's very handy for troubleshooting.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Hello Paul, Thank you for your response. Much app…

If you're experiencing issues making outgoing call…

Just leave all the files in the TFTP directory and…

VoIP on the move via wifi

Great! I have been looking for a similar solution.…