If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
Sponsored
By WelshPaul
No, touch wood.

I change passwords frequently and use 30 characters or more in length. I also keep my servers updated with the latest patches along with any scripts or software running on them.

If someone wants to hack you bad enough then they will find a way! Nothing is hack proof.
By pwarbi
Same for me, my network as never been hacked either.

When it comes to personal and domestic networks, I'd be very surprised if anybody had been hacked as in a specific targeted attack, I think this is something businesses would be more worried about.

For a domestic network I think the main thing to fear is probably somebody getting on to your network and using it to feed their own, slowing your connections down, rather than you being at risk of losing personal info and data.
By hansenlaw
I used to run a server box out of my garage. Thankfully the physical network itself was never hacked. But I have had to deal with DDoS attacks in the past. The server ran a popular gaming server, it made a lot of enemies. Though over the months I've learned how to properly prepare and defend myself against these. Always back up your data!
By Bonzer
I think your web hosting provider should provide multiple layers of security to your network or back office work. Web hosting these days provides network firewalls, activity logs and statistics, access control, SSIDs, gateways and controllers and so on. I don't know, if I'm missing anything but network security has improved by leaps and bounds and I'd appreciate if anyone can explain a specific scenario where a hacker can intrude, given the multi-layer security.
By Dekay
I operate a total of three small scale fansites for games and all has been well on the security front for me. Sometimes the frequency of security updates for the CMS I use makes keeping it up to date a chore but with WordPress at least I have all the critical security patches installed automatically if possible. I also use the LastPass browser plugin to make sure all my passwords are secure and original, if you prefer an opensource alternative I would recommend KeePass2. I use both and recommend them to family and friends.
By oderog
No my network have never been hacked for various reasons such as using strong password when registering including both numbers and non numerical values. I also disbaled caches on my browser no to remember any information entered while using the internet or submitting log in credential, but I also have a challenge with these sophisticated password as I keep forgeting them most of the time.
By Kristin
My network has never been hacked, thank goodness. I often think about that when I use public networks too. It is really a question we need to think about regardless of who it belongs to. If we are using it, we need to be concerned. I make sure to never do anything important on public networks and regarding my own network being hacked, it is a bridge I will have to cross when I come to it. Since all of my neighbors networks appear when I have had to sign in again from time to time, I feel pretty secure that they are not going to try to steal mine. :-D
By bluegreen
My internet was somehow hacked, well I dont know if you consider this a hack: a guy discovered the password and ate all my internet with download, until I discovered and changed the name and password again. But it took me a severall weeks until I understand what was going on, I even called my net provider to solve this problem but they told me there was no problem with the net, they told me that I was downloading much and they could do anything. But after 2 or 3 weeks I got tired of it and solved it my self, I enter my router and figured out that was another PC using my net, then I changed pass and net name, no problems after this :-D
By Yosh
Something similar happened with me. Thankfully I can see all devices connected to my network. I managed to stop it pretty quickly. It's a scary thought though, I thought my network was very secure. I'd be scared that someone would download something illegal like streaming movies and get my service cut off.
By bluegreen
Yosh wrote:Something similar happened with me. Thankfully I can see all devices connected to my network. I managed to stop it pretty quickly. It's a scary thought though, I thought my network was very secure. I'd be scared that someone would download something illegal like streaming movies and get my service cut off.
If they manage to hack your internet again I think you can simply ban the IP and device from using your internet in your router menu/page. And they will have much more difficulties trying to hack it again because they wont know why they can't enter the router at first :P they will have to change the IP (relatively easy nowadays), but then they will have to change the device ID, I think that is much more difficult :P
Sponsored