If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By Chalky
I don't think so, not unless the world governments clear up some frequency specturm to use for things like Wi-Fi. 2.4GHz is way too congested with other crap like baby monitors, bluetooth, microwave ovens etc and 5GHz isn't much better.

We have clients in London complaining all the time that their Wi-Fi doesn't work. Just on the Wireless controller and it can see over 1,500 other Wi-Fi devices all competing for 3 non-overlapping (theorectially) channels, it's never going to work!
By sheggy6
From what I understand it should be impossible seeing as how a direct opening to the connection will always be better than a cloud like communication with one another.

What would be the ways to make wi-fi stronger? Obvious choice is increase the over all possible DL/Speed which would only allow it so much, the wired connection continues to be stronger as a result because it is able to utilize more out of that connection than Wi-Fi does.
By Devonne
I think a direct connect will always be better. There are so many radio signals being put off that a wifi signal is always going to be weaker, at least in my eyes. In my home I love it when I am directly connected to the internet router. My pages load faster and I don't have as many crashes as I typically do when I am connected to wifi. My biggest issue with wifi, or at least mine, is that my signal drops and restarts during what seems like the most inconvenient times. Technology is booming though so maybe one day it will work better, but by that time there will probably be something bigger and better. Who knows.
By John Donovan
I think that it's still too early to judge the situation, but I, for one, think that WiFi will keep co-existing with direct connections, and that they will both advance. After all, why cut out one when you can keep both? I'm sure that there are people who prefer direct connections (like myself) and others who enjoy the portability that WiFi offers.
By Bonzer
It still has a long way to go. Wireless internet does offer the freedom from entangling wires and mobility. But if it provides constant headaches with severed connections and slow loading web pages how good it is as a genuine option.

The technology needs to be improved before it can replace optic fiber technology.
By Yosh
Sunflogun wrote:I find it hard that soon enough wireless connections will be as fast as wired ones. The reality is that more and more data is always being transmitted so I feel the wifi is always lagging.
That's a crazy thought, there are so many less things that wired data has to go "through". It's crazy to think it's getting so fast.
By pwarbi
I think direct connections will always be faster than WiFi but that isn't necessarily all that people want. WiFi is certainly more accessible now than what it ever has been and if you can have a stable connection, decent speed and it's reliable, I think more and more people would be inclined to use that route.
By Yosh
pwarbi wrote:I think direct connections will always be faster than WiFi but that isn't necessarily all that people want. WiFi is certainly more accessible now than what it ever has been and if you can have a stable connection, decent speed and it's reliable, I think more and more people would be inclined to use that route.
Yeah, wifi can often be good enough to be stable for even intensive online games. Wifi is easily the most convenient and most sought after method of connecting a device to the internet. I can see us reaching a point where wifi may be as fast as current direct connection, but I couldn't see it progressing much more than that, simply because it probably won't be needed.
By pwarbi
I agree, it's been mentioned on the forum in a different thread I think that speeds can fat so fast that people font really see much difference. A few years ago it was easy to tell if your internet was faster or slower than other peoples but now it's practically impossible to tell.

This is what will happen with the WiFi and direct connection. Soon you won't be able to tell the difference.
By fatema
To be honest, I can't live without wifi! I don't think a lot of people can either. My phone plan is only 2gb a month, if I go over it, I'll have to pay more. So, I only use it at certain times. Some people have very slow internet, other people's are incredibly fast, but I don't care. As long as I can use it, I'll be fine! I don't know if there will be wifi in the future. I really hope there will be, I don't care if it's even slow. Like I said, I can't live without wifi! How will I use snapchat, kik, twitter. I think a lot of people agree with me on this right?!
By bluegreen
pwarbi wrote:While its pretty common knowledge that a WiFi connection is nowhere near as good as hardwired, with the increase in WiFi technology becoming available, do we ever see a day when WiFi will be as good as, If not better than what we get now with a wired connection?
Nah, I don't think that WiFi connection will become better than wired connection. And you can't really compare them if you are not specific. You are asking if the WiFi you use at home will be better than wiring your device to the router? Or you asking if there won't be any router at all and the company will provide the internet with WiFi to all your devices? :D

Tried NordVPN then ExpressVPN last night but both …

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…