If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By serbog
No Wi-Fi is not the future. There are betters things than Wi-Fi. Like for example: 4G. You can go everywhere and you can still have internet. Although if you leave the country you will have to pay more money for roaming, but if you stay inside your country it will be perfect for you. There are up to 100 MB/s 4G internets.
Sponsored
By fatema
sheggy6 wrote:From what I understand it should be impossible seeing as how a direct opening to the connection will always be better than a cloud like communication with one another.

What would be the ways to make wi-fi stronger? Obvious choice is increase the over all possible DL/Speed which would only allow it so much, the wired connection continues to be stronger as a result because it is able to utilize more out of that connection than Wi-Fi does.
I totally see what you mean! You make such a good point. You know, no one really knows what's going to happen in the future. There might be wifi, there might not be. I'm one of those people, like I said earlier, who cannot live without wifi. I go to friend house, and I right away ask for them to put in the wifi. I'm not a phone addict though, like I don't use my phone a lot. I just like to have wifi just in case I get messages I can reply to later. Or just in case someone needs my help asap.
By suegiplaye
pwarbi wrote:While its pretty common knowledge that a WiFi connection is nowhere near as good as hardwired, with the increase in WiFi technology becoming available, do we ever see a day when WiFi will be as good as, If not better than what we get now with a wired connection?
Wifi is definitely the future because a lot of people use laptops and smartphones instead of a desktop computer. It is a if desktop computers are not even popular anymore. So with that in mind, since Wifi is wireless it will be the future , and worldwide it is becoming more and more easily accessible.
By nytegeek
serbog wrote:No Wi-Fi is not the future. There are betters things than Wi-Fi. Like for example: 4G. You can go everywhere and you can still have internet. Although if you leave the country you will have to pay more money for roaming, but if you stay inside your country it will be perfect for you. There are up to 100 MB/s 4G internets.
What you are referencing is called Wi-Max and it's implementation thus far is spotty at best. It is useful for smart phones and rural areas without access to a more traditional network, but it's speed and reliability leave much to be desired. There are plenty of developed places in first world nations with terrible or no 4G coverage.
Sponsored