If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By WelshPaul
Hi Ken,

The difference being - paid versions come with additional benefits such as X amount of minutes per month and or a local telephone number...

£8.99/month gets you 400 minutes of landline/mobile calls, you can also get an incoming local number just as per your fixed home phone line.

Trouble is you need their app running 24/7 on a device such as your PC, iPad or iPhone to take the calls. Not so convenient in my opinion! Skype is OK if you want to talk to someone for free at a set time or date but other than that I don't find it all that convenient.
By supersash
Skype is one of the best inventions i terms of their free video calls. I couldn't ask for more. I never had a major issue with their features except maybe for some drop calls sometimes, otherwise, everything is okay. I am thinking of trying their paid services so I can call my relatives in the US for free. Can someone please tell me if it's okay or not? Thanks.
By WelshPaul
Skype costs more than business VoIP, does less and is lower quality. It's a very poor choice for business use.

It is however great for video calls to you mum & dad though!
By bluegreen
WelshPaul wrote:Skype costs more than business VoIP, does less and is lower quality. It's a very poor choice for business use.

It is however great for video calls to you mum & dad though!
Seriously? I didn't know that :S that is absurd! How can Skype cost more than other service that provides much more quality? Unfortunately we are paying for the brand name :s these days we suffer a lot from that but we can't do anything about it :S

OK thanks, what VPN are you using ??

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…