If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By John Donovan
I've been using Skype for a long time on Windows 8.1, but recently, I had to go back to my old computer because my friends were waiting for me to play something with them. Given that we now rely on Skype for voice communication, that my main computer was being used by someone else at that time, and that I had just reformatted the old computer, I decided to use the Skype app that comes with Windows 8.1.

Dear god, it was the worst experience ever. Not only did it crash a LOT, but it also used a lot of memory, making my game run with a lot of lag. Furthermore, the app, like any other Windows 8.1 apps (though I heard this was fixed in Windows 10), would only truly close upon killing the process via task manager.

Has anyone else had a horrid experience like this with Skype for Windows 8?
By pwarbi
While I've not had them issues specific to Windows 8, when I do use Skype I have to admit, considering its probably the most well known, and well used sites out their for video calling, the actual app itself is a bit of a bug filled nightmare on most OS. Temperamental is the best word to describe it, it can work fine one day, then next day can be almost unusable, that's my experience anyway.
By Kristin
Yes I have! I have found that I cannot do much with Skype on Windows 8. When I receive a video call, the first thing I do is shut down the video. I know it is prolonging the inevitable if I do not. I also cannot receive or send files. I try not to be too annoyed. I remind myself that I spent most of my life without these bells and whistles.
By Namo
I actually do not prefer to use Skype during gaming with friends. It's a hassle having to add each of our friends if they want to join in the chat, and the sound quality is not the best in my opinion. I also like having the option to mute oneself when not talking, so that background noises does not get picked up and annoy others. There are better alternatives for communication during gaming, other than Skype.
By John Donovan
Namo wrote:I actually do not prefer to use Skype during gaming with friends. It's a hassle having to add each of our friends if they want to join in the chat, and the sound quality is not the best in my opinion. I also like having the option to mute oneself when not talking, so that background noises does not get picked up and annoy others. There are better alternatives for communication during gaming, other than Skype.
Could you please give me some good alternatives to Skype for gaming? Also, if you could please provide reasons for switching over to said alternatives, because my friends are really fond of Skype, while I am not that reluctant to switch over to a better service.
By kylerlittle
Namo wrote:I actually do not prefer to use Skype during gaming with friends. It's a hassle having to add each of our friends if they want to join in the chat, and the sound quality is not the best in my opinion. I also like having the option to mute oneself when not talking, so that background noises does not get picked up and annoy others. There are better alternatives for communication during gaming, other than Skype.
What do you prefer?

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…