If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By alex01
Hi,

I'm looking at this device from amazon, says it has VoIP capabilities (I want be able to use it as ATA device).

I phoned Linksys but I had a feeling they don't seem to know much about it. They told me the device can be used as a broadband router but they didn't seem very sure.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this device.

main reason for looking for hardware is that I am with sky and I am unable to use my own ADSL router.

This is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... o_pd_S_ttl

thanks in advance
By WelshPaul
You will not be able to use your own ADSL router if you're with Sky. (Officially at least) :oops:

Sky will not provide you with the technical information or your ADSL username and password which is required to successfully register on their ADSL network. :cry:

There used to be a way to extract your username and password, not sure if you still can as it's been ages since I had Sky. See: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracti ... passwords/

As for the D-Link HorstBob you linked to well it states "DSL modem with ADSL 2+ support", It should work fine with Sky as long as you have an ADSL connection.
By alex01
Thanks WelshPaul,

it looks like a lot of router for the money which what attracted me to it. a buyer has put a pretty bad review today so I think i'll give it a miss.

I've retrieved my sky username and password using a certain program but could never get same speed with my netgear as sky box. I thought it had a wan port but it looks like it's a different type.
By kylerlittle
WelshPaul wrote:You will not be able to use your own ADSL router if you're with Sky. (Officially at least) :oops:

Sky will not provide you with the technical information or your ADSL username and password which is required to successfully register on their ADSL network. :cry:

There used to be a way to extract your username and password, not sure if you still can as it's been ages since I had Sky. See: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracti ... passwords/

As for the D-Link HorstBob you linked to well it states "DSL modem with ADSL 2+ support", It should work fine with Sky as long as you have an ADSL connection.
That's weird, why wouldn't they :/
By WelshPaul
They claim it helps when offering support. I suppose it does, if everyone has the same router running the same branded firmware then it helps diagnose problems.

That's all fine and dandy if you don't want anything special but usually it's best if you're able to choose a router that is suitable for your environment.

A policy of "we don't offer support" if you're using third party equipment would be better in my opinion! At least if you run into issues with your broadband you can connect their device, and as such rule out your own equipment as being the cause.

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…