If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By John Donovan
I'm not really sure, and this might be bogus, but you could always try reducing Skype's priority from task manager on Windows 7. On Windows 8, I think you can't do that anymore, but I think you should be able to create a batch file which could do just that.
By Bonzer
Well, Skype is a resource hungry application. It was developed by P2P network programmers and they made it disabling bandwidth a tough proposition for the application. It consumes a lot of memory and virtual memory as well.

You may try disabling Skype plugin manager to reclaim some memory space. Let's hope Skype improves its software.
By Yosh
John Donovan wrote:I'm not really sure, and this might be bogus, but you could always try reducing Skype's priority from task manager on Windows 7. On Windows 8, I think you can't do that anymore, but I think you should be able to create a batch file which could do just that.
I'll have to try this. Thank you for the tip!
By Yosh
Bonzer wrote:Well, Skype is a resource hungry application. It was developed by P2P network programmers and they made it disabling bandwidth a tough proposition for the application. It consumes a lot of memory and virtual memory as well.

You may try disabling Skype plugin manager to reclaim some memory space. Let's hope Skype improves its software.
I really hope they improve it. Thank you for the tip, I'll have to try it out too!