If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By Se7ev
What is Teamspeak?

TeamSpeak is proprietary voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) software that allows computer users to speak on a chat channel with fellow computer users, much like a telephone conference call. A TeamSpeak user will often wear a headset with an integrated microphone. Users use the TeamSpeak client software to connect to a TeamSpeak server of their choice, from there they can join chat channels. [source: wikipedia]

Does anyone use Teamspeak? If yes, for what things do you use it (gaming, school, job, other)?

I only used it for gaming, had an idea to host Teamspeak server for my schoolmates so we could study or help each other, but there wasn't enough interest.
By Se7ev
Sunflogun wrote:I never used it or even heard of it until now. How did you use it for gaming kyler, that seems a really innovative concept!
You connect to a selected server and then you have different channels. People can join channels and talk to each other. It's up to admin how many channel there will be on server, usually you can create your own channels protected with password. It's ideal for group chat.
Sunflogun liked this
By John Donovan
Teamspeak is a really good service, especially for gamers. Given that my friends and I only use voice chat for gaming and that we've finally had it with Skype's disconnects and such, we were looking for a new service. Teamspeak suited our needs. We've been using it for 3 days now (we play at least one match every evening) and we're really satisfied with it. We might try out other services, though.
By Se7ev
pwarbi wrote:As somebody who hasn't used it, can I ask just what's so good about it? What makes this service any better than all the others that are available?

I'm just intrigued to know what they're doing so good that the other services arent.
As I said, call quality doesn't not depend on your internet connection speed, it depends on servers speed.
You can host your own server and manage channels - channels are like chat-room. You go inside channel and everyone in that channel can talk (you can also password protect channel). There is no need for hosting calls and adding people in conference, you simply wait in channel for other users to join. It also has nice feature that turns your mic off when you're not talking and icon near user indicates, if user is talking or not. You can also chat and download files from server, but it doesn't have video call.
By Sunflogun
Se7ev wrote:
Sunflogun wrote:I never used it or even heard of it until now. How did you use it for gaming kyler, that seems a really innovative concept!
You connect to a selected server and then you have different channels. People can join channels and talk to each other. It's up to admin how many channel there will be on server, usually you can create your own channels protected with password. It's ideal for group chat.
Thanks for the explanation. I think it's pretty great that all this technology and apps are at our service, definitely making our life easier and more enjoyable.
By kylerlittle
It's like the new games where they require you to actually speak with a team, or have a team with you but you would have to speak in order to do well in the game. Like WoW or Guild Wars 2, RuneScape any MMORPG really.

Tried NordVPN then ExpressVPN last night but both …

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…