If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By John Donovan
Even though I haven't used Viber for a while, I keep getting messages on my other SIM card from Viber, saying that I need to activate my account. Now, as I'm sure enough that I haven't signed up for Viber on this phone number, so I'm only assuming that someone else is just spamming my number.

Can I block this in any way?
By pwarbi
I have to admit I've not experienced that before. Is there not a way for you to get in touch with cover and tell them to block th number from their end? Do you still use the service or would you be happy to just completely get rid?

If they can't block it, that might be the only way to stop it anyway?
By John Donovan
pwarbi wrote:I have to admit I've not experienced that before. Is there not a way for you to get in touch with cover and tell them to block th number from their end? Do you still use the service or would you be happy to just completely get rid?

If they can't block it, that might be the only way to stop it anyway?
I tried contacting their support, but that has been only a few days ago, and I haven't heard anything from them since. Even if I will, I doubt they'll do much anyways. Maybe I'll ask them to elevate my ticket if they will respond with a generic message.
By pwarbi
I'd imagine they won't reply for a few more days yet at least. Companies like this very rarely rush when they're answering questions and comments.

As for the generic message, you might be lucky and they might respond with a definite answer. You've got a specific problem so it's not as if they don't know exactly what your asking.
By John Donovan
pwarbi wrote:@John Donovan Just thought I'd ask for an update on this thread. Did you ever hear back and get this problem sorted? I know it's only been a few days but if their customer service is any good I would have thought you would have had an answer by now?
Ok, it seems that my problem has finally come to an end. :D

I was contacted by them today and they said that they will block all attempts to register to my phone number. Now that it's done, I really wish I would've contacted them earlier!

They have some stellar support.