If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By John Donovan
I've heard all sorts of talk about all of the various programs used for VoIP purposes, but I'm really curious about one thing.

What program are you mostly using? What are you using it for and for how long have you been using that program?
By nytegeek
I use Teamspeak or Skype dependent upon the situation and who I'm communicating with. Teamspeak is good for gaming and it is good for providing remote technical support as well. I initially only ever installed Skype because it was required for some job interviews. I also have some family in other states that use Skype to communicate.
By John Donovan
bluegreen wrote:I'm using TeamSpeak since 2011/2012 when I started online gaming (sometimes I use steam call, but if only one of the guys doesn't have TS installed). I use it because it eats very little RAM, it's user friendly and it's very simple :-D
Do you find that TeamSpeak eats less RAM than Skype? Do you think it is better than Skype in the quality department? How often do you get disconnected from the others in the call?
By WelshPaul
John Donovan wrote:I've heard all sorts of talk about all of the various programs used for VoIP purposes, but I'm really curious about one thing.

What program are you mostly using? What are you using it for and for how long have you been using that program?
I don't really make use of any software based programmes these days. I use various hardware for my VoIP needs...

I make use of a Yealink T48G as my main office phone: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yealink-T48G-IP ... p_redirect

I also have an OBi1032 on my desk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBi1032-Phone-P ... ds=obi1032

An OBi200 is what I use to provide me with a home landline.

Oh wait, I do have Zoiper and Acrobits installed on my iPhone but I don't really use them anymore. :laugh:
By John Donovan
WelshPaul wrote:
John Donovan wrote:I've heard all sorts of talk about all of the various programs used for VoIP purposes, but I'm really curious about one thing.

I don't really make use of any software based programmes these days. I use various hardware for my VoIP needs...

I make use of a Yealink T48G as my main office phone: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yealink-T48G-IP ... p_redirect

I also have an OBi1032 on my desk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBi1032-Phone-P ... ds=obi1032

An OBi200 is what I use to provide me with a home landline.

Oh wait, I do have Zoiper and Acrobits installed on my iPhone but I don't really use them anymore. :laugh:
Well, it definitely seems that those softphones are cheap. Maybe I should make the jump one of these days. I'm also kinda bored nowadays, so I'm guessing that I could learn all about softphones.
By bluegreen
John Donovan wrote:
bluegreen wrote:I'm using TeamSpeak since 2011/2012 when I started online gaming (sometimes I use steam call, but if only one of the guys doesn't have TS installed). I use it because it eats very little RAM, it's user friendly and it's very simple :-D
Do you find that TeamSpeak eats less RAM than Skype? Do you think it is better than Skype in the quality department? How often do you get disconnected from the others in the call?
Unfortunately I must be a one in a million because I've never used Skype :( so I can't provide opinion about that. What I can tell is that in my 3 or 4 years using Team Speak I've never had a problem with disconection other than my router shutting off. I guess that TS providers are really good on what they do and deserve all the cents you spend with TS :)
By John Donovan
bluegreen wrote:
John Donovan wrote:
Unfortunately I must be a one in a million because I've never used Skype :( so I can't provide opinion about that. What I can tell is that in my 3 or 4 years using Team Speak I've never had a problem with disconection other than my router shutting off. I guess that TS providers are really good on what they do and deserve all the cents you spend with TS :)
Wow, I don't think I've heard of anyone not using Skype nowadays! But then again, if TeamSpeak truly served you that well, I'm guessing that you have fair reasons not to use anything else. My experience with TeamSpeak wasn't THAT good, so I still use Skype.
By bluegreen
John Donovan wrote:
bluegreen wrote:
John Donovan wrote:
Wow, I don't think I've heard of anyone not using Skype nowadays! But then again, if TeamSpeak truly served you that well, I'm guessing that you have fair reasons not to use anything else. My experience with TeamSpeak wasn't THAT good, so I still use Skype.
I think it's mainly because I didn't have a good internet service for several years until a couple years ago... But then I wasn't a teenager anymore and I spent a lot of time with my colege friends and didn't feel the necessity of using Skype or other kind of programs :P
By supersash
I'm using Skype and I find it very useful especially for expats like me. I get to see my daughter everyday even if we are miles away, though we we get so many drop calls. Maybe because the internet signal way back home is not so fast / good. otherwise, Skype has been very helpful.

Tried NordVPN then ExpressVPN last night but both …

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…