If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By lokiebunny
Well, in today's world we have number of options to use the internet or the app like Yahoo Messenger, obvious thing is that every application has their way to work or we use. The best thing about the yahoo messenger is their quality voice talk and privacy and even don't mind to choose the dark or brightest them sometimes. The thing which I miss all the with the latest applications like Skype and all, that you do not have any other room to chat the one we had in Yahoo Messenger. But in today's world we have Facebook and twitter but as I said before that everyone application has their own value about Yahoo Messenger I would like say here that yes, It was good experience to use that.
Sponsored
By pwarbi
I think Yahoo messenger probably set the benchmark for messenger services when it first came out and dominated for a number of years, but as with most things, it grew old and other apps and programs surpassed it. I don't know if that was done intentionally by Yahoo or if they just took their eyes off the competition.
By nytegeek
ICQ was more significant than yahoo in my opinion. ICQ was a pioneer in the instant messaging arena. It was adopted and used at an amazing rate. I remember a time when an ICQ# seemed more relevant socially than a telephone number. that was a long time ago and didn't last very long however.
By pwarbi
I think what helped make Yahoo messenger as popular as it was, is the the Yahoo brand. When I was growing up and more and more people was getting internet access at home, Yahoo seemed to be at the forefront of anything and everything, and I think everybody as had a Yahoo email address at o be point in their lives.

While there might have been better alternatives available, people saw Yahoo and thought, it's a name they knew and could trust, that's probably the main reason the messenger service did so well back in the day, especially round here anyway.
By bluegreen
pwarbi wrote:I think what helped make Yahoo messenger as popular as it was, is the the Yahoo brand. When I was growing up and more and more people was getting internet access at home, Yahoo seemed to be at the forefront of anything and everything, and I think everybody as had a Yahoo email address at o be point in their lives.

While there might have been better alternatives available, people saw Yahoo and thought, it's a name they knew and could trust, that's probably the main reason the messenger service did so well back in the day, especially round here anyway.
Yes! You are right, I agree with your opinion :D When I started using the computer (although I didn't have internet at home I had at public library and I used to use it several times per week) the Yahoo brand dominated a lot of things I think. Like the messenger service, and search engine services! Well, not dominate, was well known and was doing good concurrence to the other brands.

Although I didn't use this messenger much it was the first one I knew when I started using the computer!
Sponsored