If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By billybob
I am currently with Plusnet 38Mbps fibre and phone paying LRS which will expire next year. I currently pay for anytime calls and caller display @ £6 soon to be £7 a month. Once the LRS expires the monthly cost will be £23.99 for line and calls, I really cannot justify this cost for the number of calls we make

So I am thinking to cancel the call package soon and the line when the LRS comes to an end.

Someone on the Plusnet forum pointed me to your site and recommended an Obihai adapter.
I already have a DECT phone to use with the Obi separate from the landline DECT phones
After spending the weekend reading lots of posts my conclusions are:

1) OBi202-UK from Amazon for £49.00 anyone known where to buy cheaper?
2) Register for a Sipgate basic account for the free telephone number.
3) Put the two together and see how it goes.
Does anyone have any other advice or recommendations?
By WelshPaul
billybob wrote: 1) OBi202-UK from Amazon for £49.00 anyone known where to buy cheaper?
Unless you can find a used one on eBay (unlikely) your only option is amazon. The £49.00 price tag is a good price when you consider what you can do with an OBihai compared to the likes of the Cisco SPA112. Any reason why you want a OBi202 and not the OBi1xx?
billybob wrote:2) Register for a Sipgate basic account for the free telephone number.
Sipgate are pretty good, use them myself. I do not use the Sipgate free number as my primary number though...

I use Voipfone and pay £2 a month for my inbound number, reliability is everything and when something fails getting hold of a customer support agent is crucial as is the length of time it takes to get it fixed.
billybob wrote:3) Put the two together and see how it goes.
Does anyone have any other advice or recommendations?
Don't be put off by any issues you may encounter, once you have a working setup that's reliable and saving you £££'s you will be glade you switched. ;-)

And welcome to the forums. :P
By billybob
Hi WelshPaul
Thanks for the welcome :-D
The only reason for choosing the OBi202 and over an OBi1xx is the perception of longer firmware updates. And the feeling the latest incarnation must be the best?
I was going to go with the Linksys PAP2T from Amazon or e-bay but after reading your post on fakes and its old tech think I’ll give that a miss.
By WelshPaul
billybob wrote:The only reason for choosing the OBi202 and over an OBi1xx is the perception of longer firmware updates. And the feeling the latest incarnation must be the best?
I would be thinking the same if I was in your shoes. :)
billybob wrote:I was going to go with the Linksys PAP2T from Amazon or e-bay but after reading your post on fakes and its old tech think I’ll give that a miss.
I wouldn't waste your money, they are obsolete so your definitely not going to get any firmware updates. The chances of you getting a genuine one is also very slim. All the fakes share the same serial number, MAC address and are prone to overheating.
By drgeoff
If you felt that a PAP2T would meet your needs then except for supporting only 1 phone as opposed to 2 on the Linksys the OBi100 does more and does it better.

One or two providers with incoming and outgoing and up to 8 additional outgoing only providers (providing they allow calling without SIP registration).

The Obis have a lot of flexibility if you need it and it isn't initially all that easy to get your head around what they can do and how to achieve it. But just a straightforward 'line' on Sipgate should be up and running within less than 30 minutes of opening the box.
By billybob
Thanks, I was lucky enough to win a 110 in the comp. I’ve read a lot of posts over the weekend, so I might be confused? I think the Obi 110 uses the 2 outer or 2 inner pins for the phone so with a suitable cable you could have 2 incoming lines?
By JH1818
Hi billybob,
I do not understand your conclusion, in having 2 incoming lines. I think only 1 PSTN line to your dect. And (going to outside) 1 line you could connect to your old PSTN provider line. Or connect to your router of your ISP. (Internet Service Provider).

The obi1xx can route your call to several voip providers and as an extra, to your PSTN provider line. (OBI202 has no external PSTN line, but instead an extra internal line, where you can connect a second Dect system or a deskphone).

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…