If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By adssolsn
My laptop came with an internal microphone, but I had to buy an external since there was a problem; people couldn’t hear what I was saying over Skype. I never took the machine to a technician, so I have never really known what the problem was. Ink Sometimes I think maybe internal microphones are just not that good: which microphone do you use, external or internal
By lokiebunny
I like to use internal microphone becuase its really easy to use and more practical, but yes if it doesn't work we can use external one. I have noticed that internal microphone catches lots of noise around ya sometimes hard to communicate but in external you can adjust the volume or more setting.
By bluegreen
adssolsn wrote:My laptop came with an internal microphone, but I had to buy an external since there was a problem; people couldn’t hear what I was saying over Skype. I never took the machine to a technician, so I have never really known what the problem was. Ink Sometimes I think maybe internal microphones are just not that good: which microphone do you use, external or internal
My laptop has an internal microphone and it's not very good as well, so I had to buy an external one. I remember that my laptop came with windows vista, if I'm not mistaken and I used to use skype and people didn't complain about my mic. The problem started when I changed to windows 7, it could be coincidence, because by the time that I changed to windows 7 my laptop was 4 or 5 years old and the mic could have become broken. Other thing that could have caused that was the sound drivers maybe.. I dunno. check the sound drivers! Update them and see if that does any difference at all..
By pwarbi
A lot of manufacturer's will try and keep the costs down as much as they can, and often you'll find that the speakers and the microphone are areas they try and do that in.

While an internal microphone might be just about good enough, if your going to use it a lot then buying an aftermarket one will probably be better. A lot can be picked up fairly cheaply and you'll instantly be able to tell the difference.
bluegreen liked this
By bluegreen
pwarbi wrote:A lot of manufacturer's will try and keep the costs down as much as they can, and often you'll find that the speakers and the microphone are areas they try and do that in.

While an internal microphone might be just about good enough, if your going to use it a lot then buying an aftermarket one will probably be better. A lot can be picked up fairly cheaply and you'll instantly be able to tell the difference.
Yes that is true! I have a cousin that works on an electronics store and he says that usually the costumers tend to buy laptops and buy an external microphone at the same time. Of course he was talking abot costumers which purpose to buy a computer is to use it as a device to work at home.

So you can tell by this story that internal microphones have a long run to complete before they are good enough to satisfy the most exigent costumers!
By bluegreen
pwarbi wrote:If your using it for anything like that, then I'd definitely buy an external Mic. You don't even have to get an expensive one to be able to hear the difference in quality, and if your using it for a YouTube channel then quality will be important.
Yes of course! Nowadays people are really exigent with audio and visual quality in Youtube videos, if you don't have the best devices you are less likely to succeed and have big numbers of viewers. Anyways, for me what it's more important than the quality it's the mobility, of course it depends on your purpose and what kind of videos you are doing. So if I have an internal mic with 6/10 quality and I had the chance to buy an external Mic with 5/10 quality I would definitely go for the external one, it provides much more mobility than the other and I lose little quality!
By vinaya
My laptop also has an internal microphone. In the beginning, the microphone was working properly, however, during my laptop aging process, my microphone also got older. I was able to hear voice from other site, but the person on other side could not understand what I was saying. Thus, I began using external microphone.
By pwarbi
PC manufacturers often use cheap parts when it comes to the audio side of their devices, and as the PC or laptop gets older, they're the first to show signs of wear and tear.

A few years ago external microphones used to be quite expensive but these days they're fairly cheap to buy so if you do use the internel device and it starts to wear out, replacing it isn't much of an issue.

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…