If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By nytegeek
I like using a softphone better. I would love to read that article however. Do you have a link or a good phrase that will pull it up on a search? I always suspect that softphones will catch up or surpass Hardware SIP phones unless there is some very innovative measures taken with the hardware.
By bluegreen
nytegeek wrote:I like using a softphone better. I would love to read that article however. Do you have a link or a good phrase that will pull it up on a search? I always suspect that softphones will catch up or surpass Hardware SIP phones unless there is some very innovative measures taken with the hardware.
Yes I agree with you, nytegeek. Why would a company by loads of Hardware SIP Phones when they can just buy the software and have it on each and every computer of the company for less cost? Overall it's less hardware consuming space, less money spent and less potential hardware in need of repair! In the future there are lots of stuff that will tend to be used as a software on a computer rather than having it's own hardware and software! Be aware that this is my opinion of course!