If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By Tim Wood
Hi, looking for some advice. I am using my mobile phone which has a VoIP calling app installed on it. I have an account with a VOIP provider and a calls package. The router I am using is a Huawei "MiFI" with 4g internet connection with EE. I have got round an initial problem by changing a router setting (disabled SIP ALG on the router's settings page) and calls are good quality and connect quickly ( initially it wouldn't sometimes connect a call - error 408). That's stopped since but all calls disconnect after 14 mins. Yes , 14 mins every time. Does anyone have an idea how I can stop this happening? Apart from this issue all is working well. Sorry I am not very techie.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By bluegreen
I had a similar problem with my VOIP, although I was not using a Router, it was a cable conected directly to my PC. It was a desktop, not a laptop. The problem was that when I was making calls to mobile devices, the calls always ended at the 10 minute mark, ALWAYS, but when I did calls to landline phones the problem didn't happened and I could do calls all day without any problem. Then I decided to search the internet for solutions to fix that, changing IP adress, changing cable setting etc, but nothing solved my problem. Then I decided to call the internet provider and they told me that their service had a certain security lock that shuts down calls to mobile devices as soon as they hit a certain length. So I asked them to change that security thing and now I can make calls freely, although I have to be really careful so I don't spend much money with it!

Maybe you should try calling you internet provider and ask for help! Maybe they have a security, I dunno.
By WelshPaul
Tim Wood wrote:Hi, looking for some advice. I am using my mobile phone which has a VoIP calling app installed on it. I have an account with a VOIP provider and a calls package. The router I am using is a Huawei "MiFI" with 4g internet connection with EE. I have got round an initial problem by changing a router setting (disabled SIP ALG on the router's settings page) and calls are good quality and connect quickly ( initially it wouldn't sometimes connect a call - error 408). That's stopped since but all calls disconnect after 14 mins. Yes , 14 mins every time. Does anyone have an idea how I can stop this happening? Apart from this issue all is working well. Sorry I am not very techie.
Hi Tim,

Did you get this issue resolved? Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been ill the past week. :(

What app and what VoIP provider are you using?

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Hello Paul, Thank you for your response. Much app…

If you're experiencing issues making outgoing call…

Just leave all the files in the TFTP directory and…

VoIP on the move via wifi

Great! I have been looking for a similar solution.…