If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By Tim Wood
Hi, looking for some advice. I am using my mobile phone which has a VoIP calling app installed on it. I have an account with a VOIP provider and a calls package. The router I am using is a Huawei "MiFI" with 4g internet connection with EE. I have got round an initial problem by changing a router setting (disabled SIP ALG on the router's settings page) and calls are good quality and connect quickly ( initially it wouldn't sometimes connect a call - error 408). That's stopped since but all calls disconnect after 14 mins. Yes , 14 mins every time. Does anyone have an idea how I can stop this happening? Apart from this issue all is working well. Sorry I am not very techie.
By bluegreen
I had a similar problem with my VOIP, although I was not using a Router, it was a cable conected directly to my PC. It was a desktop, not a laptop. The problem was that when I was making calls to mobile devices, the calls always ended at the 10 minute mark, ALWAYS, but when I did calls to landline phones the problem didn't happened and I could do calls all day without any problem. Then I decided to search the internet for solutions to fix that, changing IP adress, changing cable setting etc, but nothing solved my problem. Then I decided to call the internet provider and they told me that their service had a certain security lock that shuts down calls to mobile devices as soon as they hit a certain length. So I asked them to change that security thing and now I can make calls freely, although I have to be really careful so I don't spend much money with it!

Maybe you should try calling you internet provider and ask for help! Maybe they have a security, I dunno.
By WelshPaul
Tim Wood wrote:Hi, looking for some advice. I am using my mobile phone which has a VoIP calling app installed on it. I have an account with a VOIP provider and a calls package. The router I am using is a Huawei "MiFI" with 4g internet connection with EE. I have got round an initial problem by changing a router setting (disabled SIP ALG on the router's settings page) and calls are good quality and connect quickly ( initially it wouldn't sometimes connect a call - error 408). That's stopped since but all calls disconnect after 14 mins. Yes , 14 mins every time. Does anyone have an idea how I can stop this happening? Apart from this issue all is working well. Sorry I am not very techie.
Hi Tim,

Did you get this issue resolved? Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been ill the past week. :(

What app and what VoIP provider are you using?

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…