If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By bluegreen
Well, much probably your PC is full of dust inside, that can explain the overheating and some of the fan noise. Probably the fan it's working at its max, so it's making a lot of noise if it's not optimized in terms of noise. If the noise is really huge and you don't think it's related to the fan working at the max speed it might be related to particles inside the fan that are making the noise as soon as it starts working at high speeds. If you feel comfortable in opening your laptop you might want to try to clean it and clean the fan as well, if you can open the fan you might as well want to put some lubricant inside! Hope to hear news from you to see if the problem was solved or not!
vinaya liked this
By vinaya
My laptop also has similar problems: the fan makes lot of noise and the laptop heats up pretty soon. I have tried using laptop cooler but this does has not helped me. I agree with the theory that the fan inside my laptop has gathered too much dust or some foreign bodies have stuck on the fan. sadly, I don't know how to open my laptop or the fan, I need a hardware technician to solve this.
By bluegreen
vinaya wrote:My laptop also has similar problems: the fan makes lot of noise and the laptop heats up pretty soon. I have tried using laptop cooler but this does has not helped me. I agree with the theory that the fan inside my laptop has gathered too much dust or some foreign bodies have stuck on the fan. sadly, I don't know how to open my laptop or the fan, I need a hardware technician to solve this.
I can help you with that... I fell comfortable with doing that. Taking a laptop to a technician to be cleaned is the worst thing you can do and the worst money you will lose, because it's just so simple to open your laptop and clean the dust. You can search for youtube videos where someone teaches you to open your laptop, you just have to write your model there and search for it.

The biggest problem you may face is you don't have the needed screwdrivers to open the case, in that situation either you buy ones or you take to the technician, in last case.
By bluegreen
Man... Have you opened your mobile once in your life time? To take off the battery and put it again? I'm pretty sure everyone has done it once in his/her lifetime. Opening a lap top is not much of a big deal. Generally evey laptop has 2 ways of being opened, the big cover where you are going to expose almost everything or the small cover that gives you access mainly to your fan.

If you can turn over your laptop and look at the bottom of it I'm pretty sure you will find the small cover that usually is fixed with 3 or 4 screws, if you have a screwdriver you can open it and clean the fan. The only problem that you might face is that if the fan has some cable conected to that cover, so you should take it off carefully and deplug the cables, once you are done just replug the cables and close the cover...
By talk2me
adssolsn wrote:hi fellows, i can hear the fan of my laptop whenever i use for about 40 minutes; i think there's a problem since laptop is heating a lot. have you experienced such a problem, is there a simple repair?
It is also important to know where you keep your laptop. Do you place it on a flat surface because I was facing a similar issue with my laptop. I was using it on my bed and it always make noise and heat up very quickly. But I got rid of it when I used two hard blocks/sticks to raise the lap a little bit so that there is some gap between the bed and the laptop. There should be enough space to pass the hot air out.
By bluegreen
Yes, that's another thing he can do, change the surface if he is using it on his bed for example... But if it heats up in olny 40minutes, I doubt it is only because of the surface.

Well, but you can try changing the surface and elevating your desktop by placing some books below it! Leaving the air entry without anything covering it! :P Then you might see some changes I guess. Tell us about the results adssolsn.