Below is the notice I received via emal this morning:
Voipfone wrote: Dear Paul,Personally I don't make any international calls, do you?
It's been many years since we made changes to international call prices and since then call costs have changed radically - both increasing and decreasing depending on the destination. In the past we have chosen to absorb these changes rather than impose frequent and confusing updates. Lately though, international call charges have become unstable and our prices are now badly out of date. We try to change our prices as rarely as possible but the time has come to overhaul them.
There is both good and bad news here; some countries have made increases in the cost of sending a call to them, but an almost equal number have made similar sized decreases. It's a country-by-country political decision what each country charges us to terminate a call there.
While making these changes we've also taken the opportunity to rationalise our international price groups and discount packages.
The changes in brief:
From Monday, 9th January 2017
1. There will be increases and decreases in prices to approximately 75% of all country destinations - both landlines and mobiles. However, the majority of prices to the most popularly dialled countries will not be changed.
2. International mobile destinations in the 10p category will be both added to and removed. More have been added than removed.
3. A very high user UK mobile package will be introduced which reduces their cost to 3.5p per minute; a saving of 65%.
From Monday, 13th February 2017
We'll be removing all the international destinations from the landline packages. This means that from that date the landline minutes packages become UK only.
If you buy the landline minutes package specifically for dialling other countries you should take note of this. We're providing 6 weeks notice of this change so that you don't lose any benefit for packages you might have already bought.
Packages auto-renew every 30 days on your billing date. If you need to change your package before your individual billing date, you can do it here.
Details of the changes
There are over 200 countries with multiple prices to each so the full range of price changes cannot be usefully put into this email. To see the new prices ahead of the change, please go here.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign up with my link.
- UK's #1 Reliable VoIP Telephone System Solutions. Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking and Toll Free numbers. Free Trial. 14 Days. Try Now! — VoIPLine Telecom