VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By WelshPaul
WelshPaul wrote: Sat 9th September 2017, 09:51Let me do some testing and get back to you.
I have been testing out various scenarios regarding the "Press 9" for an outside line feature requested by yourself, and while you can patch the outbound route within FreePBX, there is no second dial tone once the "9" key is pressed. In fact, there is no dial tone at all!

The only way around it is to use a VoIP telephone that allows you to enter a custom dial plan that includes an option to play back a second dial tone upon a key press of your choosing! I was able to do this on an OBihai OBi1032 and OBi1062 by adding the following dial plan syntax to the default dial plan:
Code: Select all
9{t=di2}0xxxxxxxxxxS0
I took this video clip to show exactly how it works: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PC9aRs2dzxN9Lvvlbisg

This should also be possible with the Cisco SPA phones (I don't have one here to test), but rather than using the above OBihai dial plan above, use this:
<9,:>0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0
The OBi1062 has WiFi built in, the OBi1032 and OBi1022 does not and will require the Obihai OBiWiFi5G 2.4/5GHz Wireless 802.11AC Adapter at an additional cost of £20 each. The cheapest option would still be the SPA525G2's. Ultimately, the choice is yours! :-D
By petertmooney
Hi Paul,
What you did with the dial 9 there is exactly what I need. I have already ordered those pretty neat looking grandstream ones after winning that auction you showed in the beginning :/ Excited about them too. They arrive in the morning. Then just waitin for the obi110 from the states that keeps getting delayed by hurricanes. just my look lol
You think theres such a setup for the grandstream ones?
Also,
any idea about these error messages?
File /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf does not exist.

File /etc/dahdi/modules does not exist.

File /etc/dahdi/system.conf does not exist.

I cant find a fix.
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote: Tue 12th September 2017, 17:39 I have already ordered those pretty neat looking grandstream ones after winning that auction you showed in the beginning :/ Excited about them too. They arrive in the morning.
Cool, you had those at a bargain price! :thumbsup:
petertmooney wrote: Tue 12th September 2017, 17:39Then just waitin for the obi110 from the states that keeps getting delayed by hurricanes. just my look lol .
Ah, yea... Been following it on the news. :dunno:
petertmooney wrote: Tue 12th September 2017, 17:39 You think theres such a setup for the grandstream ones?
Never tried it on a Grandstream myself but from what I was just reading, it should be possible. Well, if Grandstream have fixed the bug that broke it!
petertmooney wrote: Tue 12th September 2017, 17:39 any idea about these error messages?
File /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf does not exist.

File /etc/dahdi/modules does not exist.

File /etc/dahdi/system.conf does not exist.
Looks like you've enabled DHADI, you don't need it as your not using any cards.
petertmooney wrote: Tue 12th September 2017, 17:57 And finally, is there a tutorial for setting up pstn line? not sure what trunks and outbounds etc are
I was going to wait for your OBi110 to arrive before elaborating further on these, I don't have the time right now. Will update this post in due course...
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote:My saviour lol
Phones did seem a good price. keep in mind I've not actually got them yet. I'll probably receive an empty box. lol
Thank you, Paul ;) we live and learn
Funny you should say that... I got shafted a few weeks back on five brand new Grandstream phones! Seller had a zero rating and entered a fake tracking number and never sent goods. I got my money back in the end but it took the best part of five weeks. :-/

Then again, I have been using eBay since 2005 and only had two bad sellers in all that time. :satisfied:
By WelshPaul
Here you go @petertmooney: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1134#p4902

Shows exactly what you need to do in order to configuring an Obi110 device as a FreePBX FXO gateway. ;-)

While I don't have any Grandstream phones to hand in order to test further, I was able to achieve exactly what it is that you require, using both OBihai and Cisco phones:
  1. Press 9 for an outside line is possible on both the OBihai and Cisco phones when using a custom dial plan on the phone itself.
  2. I can restrict calls on both OBihai and Cisco phones in order to prevent anyone from dialling out. This is achieved by using a custom dial plan on the phone itself.
  3. Allow calls to numbers of your choice (included reception). Again, this is achieved by using a custom dial plan on the phone itself.
  4. Give access to an outside line upon request. Requires IVR and Misc Applications on your FreePBX server.
Here is a Cisco SPA525G2 configured for "Press 9" for an outside line.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PC9uJbLwwS55157d1e1w

Here is an OBihai OBi1032 configured for "Press 9" for an outside line.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PC9aRs2dzxN9Lvvlbisg

In the following video, I have restricted all incoming and outgoing calls on an OBi1032 to the reception phone (SPA525G2). The SPA525G2 can make and receive calls via an outside line, and internally. I can also grant access to the outside line upon request via the SPA252G2 simply by placing the OBi1032 call on hold, transferring it to an IVR menu where a message is played requesting the OBi1032 user to press 1 to proceed with their call. At this point, the OBi1032 caller hears an outside dial tone, all they need do now is enter the number they want to call.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PC9uJcpuTlyL1DnT4Jfw
petertmooney liked this
By petertmooney
Thank you , Paul. This is all of tremendous help. I cant wait to receive the obi110 to try finish the project.

I'm going through *Bleep* with these phones, or freepbx at the min!!!
I set up the phones, as chan-sip. No external line connected at the min and no trunk etc. So, all they can do is phone each other. There after the nightmare began.
on day one, at about 310 am, the phone in reception start ringing, waking all guests and getting me chastised. It was frozen and wouldn't answer, hang up or reject. had to disconnect power to stop it. Nobody was calling either. I wondered was this a hacker messing with it? couldn't see any evident signs of that though.
Then last night they all start ringing randomly. nobody there. Cant see any logs of people calling them and most rooms are empty. I have them all on silent now lol
Any suggestions? They are quite loud at 3am in silent echoy hallways lmao

I cannot get video calls to work. I set chansip to video enabled, I think. and when I place an internal video call I can see the outgoing video, my own image, but not the other persons video. same on all phones. I did see a note in system log that this feature requires pj-sip. Not sure if that was in relation to video calls or not, as the logs baffle me and keep growing. Also, when I try use pjsip, if I call anybody nothing happens and the settings are both clueless and endless.
kill me now. lol
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote: Sun 17th September 2017, 07:36on day one, at about 310 am, the phone in reception start ringing, waking all guests and getting me chastised. It was frozen and wouldn't answer, hang up or reject. had to disconnect power to stop it. Nobody was calling either. I wondered was this a hacker messing with it? couldn't see any evident signs of that though.
Then last night they all start ringing randomly. nobody there. Cant see any logs of people calling them and most rooms are empty. I have them all on silent now lol
Any suggestions?
You opened your FreePBX server to the world and as a result getting phantom calls caused by SIP scanners. Nothing is actually calling the phone, it's just being scanned and the phone is processing it as a call. There is a setting that prevents the phones from ringing but I'm not familiar with the Grandstream GXV3275.

Go to: Account X, SIP Settings, Security Settings and enable: Accept Incoming SIP from Proxy Only

If you can't find the above on your Grandstream GXV3275, look for:
  • SIP Settings: Check SIP User ID for Incoming INVITE : Y
  • SIP Settings: Only Accept SIP Requests from Known Servers : Y
That should resolve the random call issue! ;-)
petertmooney wrote: Sun 17th September 2017, 07:36 I cannot get video calls to work. I set chansip to video enabled, I think. and when I place an internal video call I can see the outgoing video, my own image, but not the other persons video. same on all phones.
Try, Settings -> Asterisk Sip Settings -> Chan SIP Settings -> Video Support->Enable ->Save->Apply

Also, make sure that you have the correct codec(s) set.

I have no experience with video calls, never looked at it. None of the VoIP providers support it! Be a waste of my money purchasing video VoIP phones in order to learn more something that nobody can take advantage of. Since 2006, you're the first person to ask for any technical help on the subject. :laugh:

If anyone has any old obsolete SIP based video VoIP phones that they are willing to donate or loan, I would be happy to look into Video calling further. :)
By petertmooney
"I have no experience with video calls, never looked at it. None of the VoIP providers support it! Be a waste of my money purchasing video VoIP phones in order to learn more something that nobody can take advantage of. Since 2006, you're the first person to ask for any technical help on the subject. "
It'll likely never be used, its more because the phone supports it. I've an ACN IRIS X you can have.

A new one for you, When I call a phone, it rings, when I answer the call disconnects and shows a missed call on screen. any suggestions?
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote: Sun 17th September 2017, 10:42 The grandstream phones seem to have minimal settings on them. most things are done server side from what i gather :'(
Those settings are definitely available via the phones GUI. They are listed in the phones administration guide here: http://www.grandstream.com/sites/defaul ... _guide.pdf

Firmware Version 1.0.1.39
  • Add Check SIP User ID for Incoming INVITE setting.
Firmware Version 1.0.1.39
  • Add Only Accept SIP Requests from Known Servers setting.
What firmware version are the phones currently running? The latest is 1.0.3.177 and can be downloaded from here.

Also make sure that "Allow Anonymous Inbound SIP Calls" is set to "No" on your FreePBX server. You can find it by navigating to the Settings > Asterisk SIP Settings page.
petertmooney wrote: Sun 17th September 2017, 10:41 A new one for you, When I call a phone, it rings, when I answer the call disconnects and shows a missed call on screen. any suggestions?
Do you mean extension to extension? Did it ever work? Are you now using PJSIP or Chan SIP?
By WelshPaul
Regrading the Grandstreams phones that you will be placing in a room, all you need to do is:
  1. Register each telephone to an extension on FreePBX
  2. *Enter a custom dial plan into each of the phones to allow only calls to the reception phone, the following should do just that:
    {200|^x+}
  3. Set a speed dial button configured to call reception
  4. Set the following to prevent sip scanners from triggering the phones to ring:
    • SIP Settings: Check SIP User ID for Incoming INVITE : Y
      SIP Settings: Only Accept SIP Requests from Known Servers : Y
*Change the 200 located in the above dial plan to whatever extension number you assigned to the phone in reception.

That should be all that's required based on your previous posts? To use the phones, lift the handset and press they assigned speed dial key and the phone in reception will ring. You shouldn't be able to ring any other numbers from those phones with the above dial plan set. They will have to ask reception for the outside line as you requested in a previous post.

The phone in reception will only require 1 and 4 above. A custom dial plan will also be required to allow the use of "press 9 for an outside line" and UK number calling in general. The one below will do everything but the "press 9 for an outside line":

UK standard dialling plan:
{100|101|111|112|155|195|999|116xxx|116111|116123|118xxx|1471|157[1-2]|08001111|0845464x|0[1235789]xxxxxxxxx|00xxx+|x+|\+x+|*x+|*xx*x+}
*Press 9 for an outside line:
{9,100|9,101|9,111|9,112|9,155|9,195|9,999|9,116xxx|9,116111|9,116123|9,118xxx|9,1471|9,157[1-2]|9,08001111|9,0845464x|9,0[1235789]xxxxxxxxx|9,00xxx+|9,x+|9,\+x+|9,*x+|9,*xx*x+}
*There are reports that this is broken in firmware later than 1.0.3.14.

Stick to the basics for now and once you have all the basics setup, tweak the rest to better suit your needs. You risk going bald otherwise! ;-)
System advice?

OK, I have it setup and configured correctly. I ha…

[private post]

Sipgate UK Call Package

So just like Voipfone, Sipgate offer various calli…

@praful patel all you need to do is port your …