If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By BarryW
Posts Avatar Topics
I have set up a Basic Sipgate account similar to my home account at my local club. Simple to set up on a Grandstream voip phone. However, something rather puzzling is happening...

Landline to viop phone and vice versa all working correctly.
EE Mobile to voip phone and vice versa all working correctly.
Vodafone to voip phone and vice versa all working correctly.
O2 to voip phone and vice versa rings but no audio in both directions.
3 to voip phone still to be tested.

...any idea's or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Sounds like a possible routing issue with the 02 network. Come across something similar in the past although instead of silence, number not in use (3 network in my case).

Try logging in to your Sipgate account and creating an immediate forwarding rule to another landline number or mobile number. Once done, power down the Grandstream VoIP phone and try calling the number again from the 02 mobile that you had problems with earlier. If the landline or mobile that you forwarded all calls to rings and you can communicate ok then I guess that rules out the 02 network and possibly Sipgate as being the cause of the problem.

By BarryW
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi Paul,

I got the opportunity to try this yesterday. The redirect telephone worked perfectly. The Grandstream has since started working correctly so I am at a loss as to what caused the issue. I guess I will just have to monitor the phone and see if there are any further issue. Thanks for your help.

Barry
WelshPaul liked this

Advertisement

By Sponsor
UK mobile integration with a SIP PBX

Would this service be useful for original poster a…

It is about 2 years since original poster but can …

Hi J, Check out this post by @GoofyCyborg . …

Hi folks, I'm selling a used Cisco SPA 303 3-Line …