VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
100 %
By Bob.ciccio
Posts Avatar Topics
Hello,

I've rented a cafe and it came with some furniture includng a set of Voip phones ( a bit too much for a coffe!)
Having no idea, I signed with BT for a new landline and Broadband... surprise surprise the phones don't work because I don't have VoIp.
I called BT and asked to add VoIp but they are asking me to buy their VoIp phones for a couple of hundreds pounds.

Now.. is there a way, an adapter, a magic box that allows me to connect my VoIp phones to the landline socket?
I don't need conferencing, call on hold or other "office" capabilities. Just a phone and answering machine.

The set I have is:
Gigaset N510 IP PRO (repeater?)
2 cordless Gigaset R650H Pro
1 desktop Yealink T21P E2

I saw there are some adapters but is confusing because in the description is not clear if they are more designed for phone calls using the home broadband.
I found the Gigaset N300A that seems hybrid but will my phones work?

Thank you very much, I am trying to save money avoiding more contracts and also I don't want to bin this hardware.
Bob
By VoipIT
Posts Avatar
Hi @Bob.ciccio,

Am I right in thinking that you don't want a VoIP service as such and that you just want to get the two phones left behind to work with your BT line to make and receive basic calls? If so, sell the Gigaset N510 IP PRO on eBay and buy a GIGASET N300A IP. That device has a PSTN connection on the rear allowing you to connect it to your BT landline. Your Gigaset R650H Pro's will work with the GIGASET N300A IP. and if in the future you decide to give VoIP a go then it works with VoIP too. The Yealink T21P E2 cannot be connected to a PSTN line so you will not be able to use it so maybe sell that too?
WelshPaul, CJT-80 liked this
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
If you're going to be using BT's 1571 voicemail then get the GIGASET N300 IP model. If you want your own answering machine then get the GIGASET N300A IP model as that device has it's own answering machine built in.

FYI: The GIGASET N300A IP costs around £12 more than the GIGASET N300 IP and you while you can still use BT's 1571 service with both devices you'd be wasting money buying the GIGASET N300A IP model over the GIGASET N300 IP if using BT's voicemail service.

Selling both the Yealink T21P E2 and Gigaset N510 IP PRO should cover the cost of buying whichever model you decide to go with just make sure that you factory reset both before selling them on eBay and that you can access the administration pages otherwise any potential buyer will be unable to set them up with their VoIP service.

Good Luck!
CJT-80 liked this
By VoipIT
Posts Avatar
Bob.ciccio wrote: Tue 7th Apr 2020, 11:01 Would the voicemail work too?
The Gigaset N300A IP has it's own answering machine built in but will also work with BT's 1571 service. Save yourself some £££ and go with the Gigaset N300 IP if using BT's 1571 service as suggested by @WelshPaul above. :thumbsup:
CJT-80 liked this
By Bob.ciccio
Posts Avatar Topics
OK Gigaset finally arrived today.
Horrible delivery by royalmai!

I connected and phone works with the cordless.
I guess all the instructions and the CD for VoIp won't work?

I had a bit of panic because i connected it on the spare wall box installed by BT and it was dead. So I plugged in into the filter where also the Router is connected and it worked. I am not sure why BT installed the additional plug (also Boradband doesnt work in that plug).

Thank you for your help.
Bob
By VoipIT
Posts Avatar
Bob.ciccio wrote: Fri 24th Apr 2020, 10:19 I guess all the instructions and the CD for VoIp won't work?
VoIP will work just fine and alongside your BT line but you will need a SIP account with one of the many ITSP (Internet Telephone Service Provider). I recommend signing up with Sipgate Basic (www.sipgatebasic.co.uk) as it won't cost you a penny unless you want to make any chargeable outgoing calls.

All you need to do is connect your N300 IP via Ethernet cable to your router and you configure it to use your Sipgate basic account and you will have two phone lines (with two separate local phone numbers) for the price of one! You can even change the Caller ID on your Sipgate account to use your BT landline number so nobody will know that you're calling from another line.

Sipwhale! www.sipwhale.com. We offer free installa…

Problem with PMs

Solved 👍

Scouring the web for the correct settings and appl…

No need to apologies as you clearly stated that yo…