VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By abg0201
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi, VERY inexperienced user looking for a point in the right direction please.

I have signed up for sipgate basic with two different email address and phone numbers. Using a cisco SPA 501G phone, is there a way that phone number A routes to EXT 1, and phone number B to Ext 2? I have followed the set up as per the sipgate page (which mirror the guidance on this site) however only the number on EXT 1 will make the phone ring.

Am I trying to do something that is not possible with this hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Message from moderator CJT-80

Edited to include correct model name

By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
What happens when you dial the number assigned to EXT 2? Engaged tone?

I'm guessing that you have not assigned a seperate "Line Key" to "EXT 1" and "EXT 2"? If not, log in to the phones advanced admin configuration utility and click on the "Phone" tab and make your selection there. :wink:

My Ciscos SPA303 is configured like this:

Line Key 1 uses EXT 1 which is assigned to Sipgate account number 1
Line Key 2 uses EXT 2 which is assigned to Sipgate account number 2
Line Key 3 is disabled

So in my case, if an incoming call is received on Sipgate account number 2 then it comes through on Line Key 2 and if an incoming call is received on Sipgate account number 1 then it comes through on Line Key 1. By default all the "Line Keys" are assigned to "EXT 1". What does that mean? All outgoing calls will go out via "EXT 1" and only incoming calls from "EXT 1" will be receivied.

So set "Line Key 1" to use "Extension 1" and "Line Key 2" to use "Extension 2" like I have on my SPA303. :thumbsup:
CJT-80 liked this

Sipwhale! www.sipwhale.com. We offer free installa…

Problem with PMs

Solved 👍

Scouring the web for the correct settings and appl…

No need to apologies as you clearly stated that yo…