VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
Hi guys,

I don't know if this should be normal behaviour or not, but I have a SNOM D785 deskphone and it is connected to a circleloop voip account. When a call comes in, if I pick up the handset the call is not automatically answered, instead I have to then press the headset button for the call to be answered.

Just wondering if there is a way to make the call answer automatically once the handset is lifted up?

Also, I hope its OK asking this question here. I understand that I cannot get support directly from the SNOM forums as I am not a reseller and although I could contact the reseller of the phone (Which is what SNOM advise) I thought this forum might be a good place to ask instead - and also I am hoping to get involved here seeing as I want to learn more about the ins and outs of VOIP.
No it's not normal behaviour. Do you have a headset connected to the phone?

Check the following setting:
Advanced > Behaviour > Accept Incoming Call on Off-hook = On

Failing that, turn the phone upside down and make sure that the handset cord is plugged into the handset port and not the headset port!
davids355 liked this
davids355 wrote:Just after I posted this I had the same thought - checked the phone connections and I had the handset plugged into the headset port. Noob.

Feel free to laugh :sweat_smile:
Hahahahaha we all been there! 😄

I was thinking as I was typing about the "Accept Incoming Call on Off-hook" setting, you shouldn't have any inbound/outbound audio via the handset if you press the headset button because all audio goes via the headset port... The handset must be connected to the headset port. 😂
davids355 liked this

Anyway, first things first. You need to get your TFTP…

That works a treat - thanks. Have you done something s…

I have no first hand experience with these devices but …

Openstage 40 not updating FW

I don't think the issue you're having is caused by the …