VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By LenCuff
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Just got the HT812 in the hope of going VOIP. Set it all up as per UK regional settings and it shows as connected to Sipgate fine.
Using a BT Graphite DECT phone but it shows NO LINE on the display and I don't get any line tone.
If I try calling my Sipgate number I see it appear on the phone display as the correct calling number but when I try to answer I get nothing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or is this phone incompatible with the HT812?

Thanks.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
By LenCuff
Managed to borrow a Panasonic DECT phone and that works fine so adaptor on order and hoping the BT phones work.

Out of interest I set up VOIP on my B535-333 router - which didn't work on the BT phones - and that also works fine with the Panasonic!

Looks like I may not even need the HT812 if the built in VOIP on the router works !!
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
LenCuff wrote: Wed 29th Dec 2021, 14:56 adaptor on order and hoping the BT phones work.
They will work providing you ordered the right adaptor. Simply put, the adapter must have its own internal ringing capacitor to enable your UK phone to ring for incoming calls when connected to a foreign telephone system. The cheap ones on eBay are wired differently and do not have the ring capacitor.
LenCuff wrote: Wed 29th Dec 2021, 14:56 Out of interest I set up VOIP on my B535-333 router - which didn't work on the BT phones - and that also works fine with the Panasonic!
I'm not familiar with this device. Having Googled it's a 4G+ modem/router made by Huawei? Having looked at one on Amazon there doesn't appear to be any VoIP capabilities built in either?
By LenCuff
Hi, ordered the one from the link you posted and it does have the capacitor fitted but if it doesn't work I can return it.

The B535-333 router does have a VOIP option built in with an RJ11 at the back.
Good mifi router, getting 60Mb on a Lebara (Vodaphone) sim but although it does register with Sipgate and continues to show as Registered, Sipgate isn't showing it connected at all after a while but the Grandstream stays rock solid.

Yes I did eventually ! Checked and rechecked all the se…

Sipgate Basic Help

What is a softplay keybord? Is it a virtual musical key…

Sipgate provide a decent service, I have been using the…

Hi, ordered the one from the link you posted and it doe…