If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By gap30
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi I am after a bit of advice if possible

I am currently on Plusnet fibre with a landline number and am due to start a new contract with BT full fibre on February 16th

My landline number I use as a business line for a small electrical company, I would like to convert this to a VOIP provider

Currently I do not have a handset connected as my landline automatically diverts all of my calls to my mobile phone as I am usually out and about

Now having a quick on sipgate basic I see they charge for diverting phone calls but notice they mention something about using the app on your mobile - I have an android phone

What is the best option for me to keep my costs to a minimum where all of my landline calls are diverted to my mobile?

Plus when I moved house 4 years ago they gave me a new landline number and my business suffered greatly as a result I should have done this years ago
By @UKVoIPForums
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Cheapest ongoing solution would indeed be Sipgate Basic.

You'd have to pay an initial £30 porting fee but that is all: https://basichelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-g ... gate-basic

When it comes to using your new VoIP connection, I would recommend that you consider using an Analouge Telephone Adapter, corded, DECT phone for best results. Not an option if you're out and about though! :neutral_face:

Personally, I have tried so many of the various softphone apps and the only one I have found to be the most reliable when it comes to inbound calls is Zoiper (I have Zoiper Premium).
https://www.zoiper.com/en/voip-softphon ... ad/current

Just be aware that using a Softphone on your Android or Apple device will require a data or WiFi connection.
Tip: You can change the codec to GSM which will help with poor signal and data connections. :thumbsup:
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Just because something is free doesn't make it the best option. What's that saying? Oh yea, you get what you pay for!

If you want free then go the Sipgate Basic and a free softphone app route.
Sipgate Basic is pretty good tbh and I have no complaints about their service. However, I wouldn't expect the same reliability and up time if your going to be using their service on the go via a softphone app on your phone. Give it a try and see how you get on. 👌👍
Anyone tried a Fanvil H2U?

Thank you :grinning:

Would just like to express my thanks to the OP for this…

Cisco 7970 Directory

Good morning. I appreciate this phone is now ancient, …

I am currently trying Grandstream Wave but I would pref…