These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By voipman
Posts Avatar Topics
I would like to use Voip with the TP-Link VR400 V3 modem router.

However I understand that TP-Link modem routers supplied to the UK do not have support for VOIP. Nor does TP-Link supply Analog Telephone Adapters for the UK.

Can anyone suggest suitable ATAs suitable for use with the VR400 V3 ?

Thanks
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Any of the VoIP Analog Telephone Adapters listed here are suitable for use with the TP-Link VR400 V3.
By WelshPaul
voipman wrote: Thu 20th Jan 2022, 09:58 Thanks Welshpaul for your reply. Unfortunately the page you pointed to could not be found.
Ahh, sorry... Fixed! :thumbsup:
voipman wrote: Thu 20th Jan 2022, 10:01 Will this phone Siemens Gigaset C475IP work perfectly okay with the TP-LINK VR400 ?
Simply put, yes. :grinning:
By WelshPaul
voipman wrote:I would like to use Voip with the TP-Link VR400 V3 modem router.

However I understand that TP-Link modem routers supplied to the UK do not have support for VOIP. Nor does TP-Link supply Analog Telephone Adapters for the UK.

Can anyone suggest suitable ATAs suitable for use with the VR400 V3 ?

Thanks
Hi, I was under the impression you already had a TP-Link VR400 V3 modem router?

The TP-Link VR400 V3 does not have native VoIP support built in, it's simply a router and that is why I replied with the following:
WelshPaul wrote:Any of the VoIP Analog Telephone Adapters listed here are suitable for use with the TP-Link VR400 V3.
Without knowing your existing setup or VoIP requirements it's hard to say what is best suited for your needs but if all you want to do is use a BT corded phone or BT DECT phone with a VoIP provider of your choice then buy one of these: https://amzn.to/2BS4ogz and one of these: https://amzn.to/2OYU9uo
By voipman
Posts Avatar Topics
Thanks for reply. I apologise for any confusion my posts have caused.

Currently i use the Gigaset 4751P with an old ADSL modem router. It works perfectly okay with this router.

I now need to replace this modem router ahead of a switch to fibre broadband. I was attracted to the TP-Link VR400 and wanted to check that this
modem router would work with the Gigaset 4751P phone. I have been surprised to find from TP-Link that this phone will not work with the VR400.
I thought that I could perhaps just plug the phone into a LAN port of the VR400 to make VOIP calls, but it seems this is not possible.

It now seems to me that the VR400 lacks the software needed to make VOIP calls.
By voipman
Posts Avatar Topics
So basically I am looking for a wireless modem router which supports fibre broadband (plus 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wavebands) and also supports
VOIP phonecalls. I need to use the Gigaset 4751P phone but I am also interested in using an analogue phone (via an ATA) to make VOIP phonecalls.
By voipman
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi Welshpaul.

Do you agree that if I plug the Gigaset 4751P phone into the GRANDSTREAM HT801 and then plug the GRANDSTREAM HT801 into a LAN port of
the TP-LINK VR400 V3, then i can use the Gigaset 4751P phone to make VOIP phonecalls?

Also, if i plug an analogue phone instead of the Gigaset phone into the GRANDSTREAM HT801, will I still be able to make VOIP calls ?
By VoipIT
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
You're over complicating things... You have gone from wanting a VoIP router with built in VoIP capabilities to a corded VoIP phone, ATA and back to a router with VoIP capabilities again. 🤔

TP Link are wrong!
TP Link likely got confused and thought you wanted to connect a standard DECT phone to make VoIP calls via the router. The Gigaset 4751P is VoIP capable and all you need to do is connect it to the TP-LINK VR400 V3 router via a spare Ethernet port and it will continue to work as it did with the old router.

ATA
You don't even need one unless you want to use a corded or DECT telephone intended for use with a PSTN network with your VoIP service.
(If you do then your best option is as @WelshPaul recommends here.)

VoIP WiFi Router
If you want a router with VoIP capabilities built in then check out the link below:
https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/store/vo ... i-routers/

Your cheapest (and most simple) option would be to buy a TP-LINK VR400 V3 router and continue using your existing Gigaset 4751P device along side it (IT WILL WORK 😉). 👍
Anyone tried a Fanvil H2U?

Thank you :grinning:

Would just like to express my thanks to the OP for this…

Cisco 7970 Directory

Good morning. I appreciate this phone is now ancient, …

I am currently trying Grandstream Wave but I would pref…