If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By Evan Doherty
Hi Everyone - new to the group - relativley new to VOIP

We have recently acquired a warehouse for our online business and hired additional staff so we need to upgrade our phone system.

Currently we have 1 line coming in with a cordless phone attached that is shared between 4 people.

With our PSTN line we get unlimited mobile and landline calls within the UK and ireland.

What I want to do is set up a "hybrid" system using asterix and on site hardware - I would like to get 1 more PSTN line to take advantage of the free calls that are provided with this service (2 PSTN lines in total) but I also want the features that a VOIP system can provide

- primarily I want to have an app on my iPhone so I can work remotley
- IVR/ Call Director

Does anyone know if this setup is possible ?
What interface cards would be required for the asterix box?

I assume I would post our existing number over to a SIP trunt to take incoming calls via VOIP and then route outgoing calls across the analog lines?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Evan

Message from moderator WelshPaul

Unnecessary web link removed from post.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By webtapro
Evan Hi,
You need one hosted ippbx which i provide on google cloud for 1 year freely and spa3102 1fxo gateway
Here is the scenario;
You put the unlimited pstn line to spa3102's fxo input and setup the sip account in from your ippbx. Then when you call the outbound the spa3102 sip account and its forwards to outbound pstn line.

if you need help i can send my skype.
Regards.
Gigaset N300A IP

Thanks for checking, I was curious, wondering if w…

Pitney Bowes Franking Machine

Im with FP and their tech team is very good with r…

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…