VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By cfcman
I recently bought a Gigaset N300IP and tried setting it up with my four existing SL56 handsets. Since these handsets didn't fully support the N300IP I decided to replace them with C430HX handsets. I'm now trying to register the four new C430HX handsets with the N300IP, but I can't seem to register more than two handsets at a time - i.e. when I register a third, one of the other two seems to get "forgotten" - it asks me to re-register it with a base.
Looking at the N300IP web config I can see that, even after doing a factory reset from the Reboot and Reset menu, it shows four registered handsets. None of these has a device name, the Firmware version for each is set to 0.0 and the Status of each is "unknown". I'm guessing that the N300IP can only have a maximum of 6 handsets registered to it, and that this is the reason why I can only register two of my C430HX handsets at any one time.
The question is, how can I get the N300IP to "forget" the 4 existing handsets that it seems to have registered (probably the original SL56 handsets)?

Best answer by WelshPaul » Thu 26th April 2018, 21:53
Ohh, not good! I have read about this previously and from what I read back then there was no fix. :dunno:

Apparently, registering a handset that wasn't fully compatible could result in the user being unable to unregister it at a later date. I'm unsure if this was ever fixed or not. Is your N300 running the latest firmware?

Try running the "Firmware Update" option before doing a factory reset of your N300. To factory reset, disconnecting the power supply, hold down the blue registration/paging key and reconnect the power supply but make sure that you hold that blue registration/paging key for at least 15 seconds! You will know when to release, the button will start blinking fast.

Hopefully that will remove the old handsets.

View Post

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Ohh, not good! I have read about this previously and from what I read back then there was no fix. :dunno:

Apparently, registering a handset that wasn't fully compatible could result in the user being unable to unregister it at a later date. I'm unsure if this was ever fixed or not. Is your N300 running the latest firmware?

Try running the "Firmware Update" option before doing a factory reset of your N300. To factory reset, disconnecting the power supply, hold down the blue registration/paging key and reconnect the power supply but make sure that you hold that blue registration/paging key for at least 15 seconds! You will know when to release, the button will start blinking fast.

Hopefully that will remove the old handsets.
By cfcman
Since posting the message I had discovered that other method of doing a factory reset (powering on while holding down the button). For some reason it wasn't mentioned in the user manual, but I found it in a web article about a couple of other Gigaset models.
Anyway, I am happy to report that it worked - the old handsets are now removed!
Many thanks for the feedback.
By WelshPaul
Ahh, good news! :-D

I had read in the past that users were unable to remove some non compatible handsets and that a hard reset didn't help, which rendered their N300's useless. I feared you were going to be one of them! :-/
Gigaset N300A IP

Thanks for checking, I was curious, wondering if w…

Pitney Bowes Franking Machine

Im with FP and their tech team is very good with r…

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…