VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By lusk
HI all,

I am looking to change one of my phone lines from BT to a Voip provider.

I already have an account with Draytel and when I log in, I have the option of changing the route type to either "to SIP PBX" or to SIP ID. Which one do I need, please?

I have a phone plugged into the Grandstream HT802 unit but there is no dial tone. I have spoken to Draytel and they tell me that my configuration is not set properly because I am not registering on their servers. However, when I click onto the front page of Grandstream, it tells me that I am registered.

Grandstream seems excessively complicated to set up and any assistance here would be appreciated.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By @UKVoIPForums
@lusk @CJT-80 is correct, you should be using SIP ID.

I just successfully registered a Grandstream and Snom IP phone using just my SIP ID, password and draytel.org as the proxy server. OK, I have no credit to test outbound calls but the devices show that they are indeed registered.

There was this disclaimer contained within my sign up email:
Please note that your SIP ID will not work until you have activated your account.
Have you activated your account?
CJT-80 liked this
By lusk
Hi and sorry for the late reply; i've not had any time to devote to this.

Yes, i can confirm the account has been activated.

I have now managed to get the unit to register on FX1 but when I call the number, having set the call plan in Draytel to default, it will still not call. And when i go to dial out, there is not dial tone.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Vonage don't allow you to use your own equipment w…

Great to hear you used one of many Flextel feature…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

Due to high bandwidth usage (over 1TB a month) and…