VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By lusk
HI all,

I am looking to change one of my phone lines from BT to a Voip provider.

I already have an account with Draytel and when I log in, I have the option of changing the route type to either "to SIP PBX" or to SIP ID. Which one do I need, please?

I have a phone plugged into the Grandstream HT802 unit but there is no dial tone. I have spoken to Draytel and they tell me that my configuration is not set properly because I am not registering on their servers. However, when I click onto the front page of Grandstream, it tells me that I am registered.

Grandstream seems excessively complicated to set up and any assistance here would be appreciated.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By @UKVoIPForums
@lusk @CJT-80 is correct, you should be using SIP ID.

I just successfully registered a Grandstream and Snom IP phone using just my SIP ID, password and draytel.org as the proxy server. OK, I have no credit to test outbound calls but the devices show that they are indeed registered.

There was this disclaimer contained within my sign up email:
Please note that your SIP ID will not work until you have activated your account.
Have you activated your account?
CJT-80 liked this
By lusk
Hi and sorry for the late reply; i've not had any time to devote to this.

Yes, i can confirm the account has been activated.

I have now managed to get the unit to register on FX1 but when I call the number, having set the call plan in Draytel to default, it will still not call. And when i go to dial out, there is not dial tone.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Hi everyone Wondering if anyone knows of a VoIP c…

How can i google receive?

Hello, hi from Turkey. I need to receive google ac…

Vonage Fined £24.5K by Ofcom

An investigation into the availability of Vonage&l…

SIP ALG problem Linksys Router

Linksys Router SIP ALG Problem. Hello, I have Pow…