VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By edvant_rhygl
Hi wondered if anyone else out there has got this setup and could shed any light on it.

I've set up Voipfone, Sipgate and Localphone on the GoBox 100 and it and all seem to work. Voipfone is my default. Problem is, I don't seem to be able to stop landline calls ringing on the handset, even though it's just set to be able to make outgoing calls by manual selection if necessary. I have individual ringtones set for each incoming network - VOIP or landline, but I want to stop the landline calls triggering the ring.

I suspect this might be a bug, but as a workaround I tried making a silent ringtone and uploaded it to the phone using Gigaset Quicksync. Managed it, but the 'silent' ringtone sounds more like loud radio static. I've tried WAV and MP3 files; same problem.

This seems to be a great setup but for this issue. At the moment I'm having to unplug the landline from the Go Box100 but I'd like to run all our phone lines though the GoBox instead of having two DECT systems.

Any tips?

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
On both the Gigaset N300 and N510 PRO, the option to disable incoming calls on the PSTN line is located under the Telephony > Number Assignment configuration page.

The -48 V power supply cannot be used when the Hua…

S850A Go teething troubles

On both the Gigaset N300 and N510 PRO, the option …

Hello I'm Theodore, nice to meet you. I need you…

Unfortunately, as you probably already know by now…

Check out our Amazon top picks