Recommend, review or get some help setting up your SIP based softphone of choice here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Anyone using Voicehost's Softfone on the Android platform? I installed it on my Huawei P20 Pro running on the following Android OS:

Unfortunately I have a problem, all calls are terminated within a second of making or receiving them. I have tested using both WIFI and 4G data connections but still the issue persists.
A video of the issue can be watched here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PCgYv-V9zi9mtVJwU7qgo

There are no settings I can tweak with this app and nope, I don't have any antivirus software installed on my phone. Other softfone apps such as Acrobits, Voipfon and Zoiper work fine on my P20 Pro so I'm guessing the issue is with the Voicehost Softfone app and not my phone? :thinking:

Can anyone confirm that the Voicehost Softfone app works on Android Pie? More so EMUI 9.0.0.168(C782E3R1P9)?

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
UPDATE: Just got a reply via email from Voicehost support informing me that they have tested their app "in house" on a Huawei P20 Pro running software version 9.0.0.158 and that it works.

Thought I would try installing the Voicehost Softfone app on my son's Huawei P20 Lite which is running the following Android OS:

I can confirm that the Voicehost softfone app works fine on both WIFI and 4G data networks on this handset.
Here is a video screen capture of it working on the Huawei P20 Lite running EMUI 8: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PCgYv-WB4I3yDA_I5UVvk

My wife has a Nokia 6.1 running on Android P, will try installing the app on her phone later once she returns home from work...

UPDATE 2: So I tested the app on the Nokia 6.1 running Android 9 and it worked fine. Must be something related to the Huawei P20 Pro or the 9.0.0(168) software its running on. :slight_frown:

Hi Paul, Many thanks for the information. I now h…

Did you power cycle the router after updating DNS …

Newbie - Frustrating Problem

Hi Paul, I got the opportunity to try this yester…

Supported Products: OBi2182 Firmware Build …