By timlinc
Posts Avatar Topics Bookmarked
I have been using your fantastic XML version of the dialplan published here for Snom phones using Voipfone.

Could anyone explain what line I need to add to the dialplan in order to get the phone to auto dial the area code for numbers starting in the range 5 to 8.

Thanks in advance for any help.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Unfortunately you can't have a Snom auto dial the area code via an XML dial plan as their XML dial plan is broken and has been for years. I have reported it (years ago) however it's still on their to do list:

http://forum.snom.com/index.php?showtopic=12488
https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/discu ... 6000046818

All is not lost though! You can use the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan to achieve what you want but take note, it's one or the other as you cannot use both an XML dial plan and a webinterface/identity/sip/dial plan together. I would always recommend using the XML dial plan as the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan is more restrictive but the dial plan rewrite function works on this one so if that's more important for you then it's a no brainer! An example...

I live in Swansea and the local area dialling code here is 01792 (local numbers start with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 and are six digits in length). Assuming my VoIP provider is registered against Identity 1 I can navigate to the Identity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String and enter the following syntax |^([2-9])([0-9]{5})$|sip:01792\1\2@\d in the field so that whenever I dial a six digit number starting with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 it will be prefixed with my local area code 01792. Now when I dial a local number such as 234567 on the telephone keypad, the phone will automatically add my local area code and dial 01792234567.

Remember though, you can't use both XML and webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan dial plans simaltainiously so entering anything in theIdentity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String field will result in your XML dial plan no longer working.
timlinc liked this
By timlinc
Posts Avatar Topics Bookmarked
Thank you very much Paul for the info - that's most helpful. I will also report this to Snom and see if it will push them in to fixing the issue (although I won't hold my breath) but in the meantime I will use your dialplan (non XML).

Thank you.

Tim
WelshPaul wrote: Sun 14th Apr 2019, 23:05 Unfortunately you can't have a Snom auto dial the area code via an XML dial plan as their XML dial plan is broken and has been for years. I have reported it (years ago) however it's still on their to do list:

http://forum.snom.com/index.php?showtopic=12488
https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/discu ... 6000046818

All is not lost though! You can use the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan to achieve what you want but take note, it's one or the other as you cannot use both an XML dial plan and a webinterface/identity/sip/dial plan together. I would always recommend using the XML dial plan as the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan is more restrictive but the dial plan rewrite function works on this one so if that's more important for you then it's a no brainer! An example...

I live in Swansea and the local area dialling code here is 01792 (local numbers start with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 and are six digits in length). Assuming my VoIP provider is registered against Identity 1 I can navigate to the Identity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String and enter the following syntax |^([2-9])([0-9]{5})$|sip:01792\1\2@\d in the field so that whenever I dial a six digit number starting with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 it will be prefixed with my local area code 01792. Now when I dial a local number such as 234567 on the telephone keypad, the phone will automatically add my local area code and dial 01792234567.

Remember though, you can't use both XML and webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan dial plans simaltainiously so entering anything in theIdentity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String field will result in your XML dial plan no longer working.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
@timlinc you're most welcome. :thumbsup:

As you're using Voipfone, the following topic might be of interest to you should you decide to expand on your current dial plan: VOIPFONE UK SNOM DIAL PLAN
VOIP and POT on one adaptor.

Many people use their PSTN lines for incoming call…

Ah yea thanks for the heads about "Swansea nu…

Testing 999? What do I say?

Hi @dcowan and welcome to UKVF. 👋🏻 Interestin…

A very good topic.