Recommend, review or get some help setting up your SIP based softphone of choice here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
The voicemail isn't working on our Grandstream 6202 at the moment, what happened was someone recorded on their Yealink T23g device a temporary greeting which seems to have overwritten the one on the PBX, however when they delete it via the handset it does not put it back to default and it still uses the 'temporary greeting' with no option to delete only to re-record. Rerecording overwrites the temporary greeting but I can't get the PBX one to work anymore even though everything seems to be set up correctly on the PBX. Am I missing something? :nerd:

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
I'm not familiar with the Grandstream 6202 but I know that the Yealink T23g doesn't have Voicemail built in to it so the Yealink T23g device would have been configured to use the Voicemail on your PBX. Sounds like the original greeting has been recorded over by mistake and unfortunately, unless you have a copy of the greeting or a backup there is no way to restore it other than rerecord a new one. :slightly_frowning_face:
The original recording is still there in the user name prompt on the PBX, so I'm not sure where the new temporary greeting recorded over the phone is stored, and why even if i delete it from the handset its doesn't go to the one already uploaded on the PBX. I have attached a picture of where the call recording is stored.
pbxissue.JPG
pbxissue.JPG (38.2 KiB) Viewed 121 times
By WelshPaul
Have you downloaded the file named 1002.wav on a computer and played it back to confirm that the original recording is in fact still present in the file? If it is, then there should be an option on the pbx to select it again. I will do some research and post back soon...
By WelshPaul
Ok so having read the manual (which can be found here) it appear that one cannot delete the temporary voicemail greeting. Maybe try selecting disabling voicemail and re-enabling it? Best bet would be to open a helpdesk ticket with Grandstream.

https://helpdesk.grandstream.com/

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Hi Paul, Many thanks for the information. I now h…

Did you power cycle the router after updating DNS …

Newbie - Frustrating Problem

Hi Paul, I got the opportunity to try this yester…

Supported Products: OBi2182 Firmware Build …