VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By mpmc
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Hello all.

It's been a while since I've posted here but I've recently got back into messing with telephony again [I'll post a separate thread on my setup] and I've been looking are hardware options but noticed there isn't a topic listing what is available and what is supported (by the manufacturer, e.g, updates/firmware) for UK folks.
  • OBI100/110 - No longer supported - used are available on ebay.
  • Poly OBI200/202/212 - Supported - but needs importing from abroad.
Please feel free to add to this topic/list :)
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Ignoring obsolete and discontinued hardware, your options are limited to the following:

FXS
  • Grandstream HT801, HT802, HT812, HT814, HT818
  • Cisco ATA 191, ATA 192
FXS & FXO
  • Grandstream HT813
Options increase slightly if your willing to import.

The old copper lines here in the UK are due to be switched off by 2025. Because of this, I can't see any new FXO hardware hitting the market either.
By @UKVoIPForums
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
As all the major telecoms and broadband providers are providing their customers with dedicated hardware (Virgin Media, BT, etc), it's bound to have a knock-on effect on the generic BOYD hardware market. Prices will likely go up and there will be a reduction in choice.

Once the switchover to digital voice is completed in the UK, most landline users will probably be using locked down hardware provided by their provider and they will be happy with that.

Sorry for the late reply @stringman but I missed yo…

Hardware choices and availability

As all the major telecoms and broadband providers are p…

Sipgate, 4G & Obi110

Hello! It's been a while since I posted here so I thou…

FIRMWARE FAIL

While i'm sure it's possible to flash via JTAG, you hav…